Friday, December 25, 2009




Wheww...can't believe the day is nearly coming to an end.

On Christmas Eve we went into town to visit Santa. We went to the mall downtown. Santa was on break when we arrived, so we ate at Taco Del Mar while we waited. Ruby gobbled down her quesadillas and by that time Santa was back in business. The girls were both dressed up really cute in the same colors. Ruby needed some new tights, so we went to Gymboree and found a cute pair. They were having their semi-annual sale...so much cute stuff, but thankfully we made it out without purchasing anything. The line to Santa was sooooo long, so Mike and Ruby walked over to Starbucks for his coffee. When they returned, we had made some headway in the line. Elsie was laughing and smiling at a little boy who was playing with her. I chatted with the couple in front of me, time went by much faster with someone to talk to. Right when we made it to the front of the line, Ruby had to use the restroom. I was so worried that she wasn't going to be back in time. Elsie started to cry too, but thankfully was back into a better mood as we walked up to Santa. Ruby was so excited. She wanted to talk to Santa, but when she got on his lap, she was so quiet he couldn't hear her. He told her to leave cookies and milk and carrots for the reindeer, she loved that. Elsie took a look at Santa, turned to look at us, looked back at him again, and then started to cry. We actually got a good picture of them both though and it was an overall fun experience. My scanner isn't working right now, so I can't post it :(

When we were done, we went over to my Dad's house to visit and exchange gifts. Ruby is getting pretty comfortable there, but she is really, really shy around my Dad. She loves to explore their house though, so that is fun. She asked for juice while we were there, so my Dad mixed some up for her. She remembered she got one last time. My Dad loved the shirt I got him and he got us all books, which we really liked too. They were perfect, you could tell that he spent some time trying to get the right one for each of us. I wanted a picture of my Dad with Ruby, Elsie and I but it didn't work out. Ruby wouldn't stand in the picture and Elsie was being fussy. Mike did get a picture of Ruby hugging his wife Sandy and my Dad, so that was nice. My Dad's cousin came by to visit at the end of our visit, he hadn't seen me since I was a baby. It was neat to finally meet him.

We stopped by Fred Meyer and then headed home. On the way home, we stopped by my Mom's house and delivered their presents. My mom came out and carried Ruby into the her house to say hi to everyone. Ruby loved that. When we finally made it home, Ruby and I made cookies for Santa together. She enjoyed doing it! We also put a plate of carrots out and then some milk.

Ruby woke up this morning to see if they were there, and was so excited to see they were gone and that there were presents under the tree. Mike got up soon after and she proceeded to open them all. Elsie had fun pulling up on the presents, listening to the sound of the crinkled wrapping paper, and trying to keep up with her sister. Ruby's kitchen is finally full of fun play food and dishes, most of her presents were along that line. She spent the rest of the day cutting it and playing with it. Love Melissa Doug stuff! We also put together a puzzle and read some new books she received from family. It was a great year full of the perfect presents, usually I have a hard time finding things...but this year it came easy for everyone. My grandma sent us a funny doggy that rolls on the ground and makes noises, I caught Elsie laughing like crazy at it when it got stuck on her. So cute!

I made turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, and stuffing...the same old...but Mike loves it! It took a long time to prepare, but very little time to devour it. Ruby ate almost all of it, yay...and Elsie ate some mashed potatoes :)

The rest of the afternoon was spent watching Christmas movies and eatting apple pie.

I am so tired, even though we really didn't do much but cook. It was a great day and loved spending it here with my lovelies.

No comments:

Post a Comment