Saturday, December 12, 2009

Ruby wakes up every morning now to find her 5 pennies, a quarter, and a dime on the dresser. She asks for it before she goes to bed every night. Mike sneaks in and leaves it for her. It has been good though, because now she know what the different coins are. She has no idea that Mike takes the coins out of the piggy bank and leaves them for her, and then she returns them in the morning.

Life has been a bit more challenging with my sweet little Elsie this week. I really think she is teething. She has no teeth yet, but wants to nurse constantly. Both my girls didn't take binkies. Ruby did fine with teething, barely noticable. Elsie is having a more difficult time. She cries much more and just isn't as happy and content as usual. Hope those teeth come in soon, although I will miss her little toothless smile.

The girls had lots of play time with Daddy today which was wonderful. I'm loving seeing Mike have so much fun with his girls. He is liking it too :)

We went to Costco together earlier in the day, to get some needed supplies. I was able to buy three more DVDs (biggest Loser and two others) for 5.99 a piece. Such a deal! Now Angie and I will have more variety when we workout together. It was busy today, which makes Mike alittle annoyed. He really doesn't like Costco anyway, and with tons of people to get around it's even worse. He just wants to get out of there so fast. I could spend all day in there, love it. Ruby loves it too. She loves the samples, toys, books, riding around on the cart, and taking the receipt to the people at the door when we leave. Oh, can't forget the pizza, she told me she loves it too! Elsie slept the entire time through Costco, but woke up on the ride home. She cried quite a bit. She finally settled down when Ruby gave her a book and a water bottle lid to bang on it. Kept her entertained for quite some time.

Ruby ate all her dinner with the thought that she would get a "tangerine" popsicle afterward. She was surprised to know that they were called popsicles tonight, not tangerine which is one of the flavors. She loves them.

After dinner, we read a few books and then I decided to make rice crispies for Mike again. Ruby helped me. Ruby put each marshmellow in a bowl as I counted them out. We had 72 which worked out great for two batches. I melted the butter and she threw them in the pan to watch them melt. She also measured and poured out the rice crispies. Then we all munched on the leftovers in the bowl and pan, even Henry our dog.

Mike and Ruby watch the Incredibles again, she really likes it. Mike made them hot chocolate again, what a day for sweets in our household.

I asked Mike to take down Elsie's swing because she doesn't want to use it anymore. He was more than happy to get it down, one more progression to the next stage and more room to move around in our tiny house. I was happy too, but a bit sad as well. Elsie is growing up way too fast. Mike didn't skip a beat, now it is down and in our garage.

1 comment:

  1. I sure hope poor little Elsie starts feeling better soon. Teething is really painful. When my wisdom teeth started coming through I tried some of that baby orajel. It made me very happy.

    I can't believe you guys braved Costco on a Saturday during the holidays... Crazy!

    ReplyDelete