Friday, December 11, 2009




Ruby wrapped her first presents today. They were the gifts we picked out for her cousins on Mike's side. She picked out the wrapping paper for each gift, cut the paper off, maneuvered the paper around the gift with my help, taped it together, and picked out the tag and bow for each gift too. She was really pleased with herself. Elsie was content just watching and sucking on her apple pieces. I gave her the leftover paper from the gifts and she immediately put it up to her eyes like binoculars because it was shaped that way. Then she took some and made it into a skirt. Funny girl!




We started the day off by going to Angie's house for our regular workout. Ruby had fun with Tony. Elsie has been really whiny lately and didn't want me to put her down. I think she is teething and just wants to nurse like crazy. That is the only thing that soothes her. Angie was so sweet and would stop working out while I nursed or took care of Elsie and then start it back up again immediately after. Finally she let me finish up and was so happy that I could hold her again. Angie made us some peanut butter and peach jelly sandwiches (yummy, she made it herself) and then we headed out to Riverpark Square for a carriage ride.




Ruby got a very brief nap in the Durango and then I woke her up to go to the ride. We made it there right as they were loading on, perfect timing. Ruby was really excited. She sat calmly as we took a ride around the block. When we got off, she was able to look at the horses more closely. So awesome! We all enjoyed it, it was short but perfect since it was so cold.




After we loaded up into the car, I decided to go to Savvy Moms in the Valley. Loved that place! I got so many neat items for both Ruby and Elsie at a great price. I spent over an hour in there and chatted with the owner, which was a really neat guy. Ruby loved riding a bike around and the play kitchen they had, kept her entertained for a long time. I also found a Melissa and Doug birthday set there that I was looking for, Ruby will really love it for Christmas.



On the ride home, Elsie was upset and crying which is so unusual for her. Ruby said, "Mom, stop the car!" Thinking that if I stopped the car, Elsie would stop crying. I sometimes tell her that I am going to stop the car if she is being awnry, just to get her attention. She thought that I needed to get Elsie's attention.




Mike was home when we got there. We decided to have a low-key night and order pizza. It was good and they didn't have a large so they gave us two mediums so we have leftovers. Ruby enjoyed watching The Incredibles with Mike while I put Elsie down for bed.




A good day and week, but very busy! I am exhausted and ready for a relaxing weekend.








No comments:

Post a Comment