Wednesday, December 9, 2009




We went to a new place to eat today, Ferrente's, up on South Hill. On the way up there, Ruby said, "Mom, does Costco live in the valley?" and I said, "Yes, Costco is in the valley." Ruby kept correcting what I said and adding "live" back in. The she said, "Mom, where does Huckleberries live?" I was so surprised, she has some very neat comments lately. She is so inquisitive now, paying attention to everything around her. I had to laugh, the way she words her thoughts is too cute right now.




She loved seeing Jacqueline and Tanya at Ferrente's. The food and atmosphere was awesome there. We also met another new mom who just moved here from California and her baby Dean. The girls just couldn't get enough of him. She was really nice.




We then trecked it over to Angie's for our workout. Ruby was so excited to play with Tony and Teddy. They were really excited too and greeted us at the door before we even made it up to it. Ruby watched Monster's Inc with them as we worked out, taking breaks a few times to come in and join us for the exercise. Elsie slept through all the cardio and woke up when we were doing the strength training section. She does really good while I work out, just sits there and looks around at things and pulls up both of us. I am so sore, wish I wouldn't have fallen off track again. Loving working out with Angie though, it holds me accountable to be there. She is such a nice person too, makes it that much easier to get together with her.




By the time we got home, it was after 3 pm. No nap for Ruby again. She did really well without one though. I decided to give Ruby a bath after she walked through banana that Elsie had thrown to the ground. Next thing I know, Elsie has crawled all the way into the bathroom while Ruby was in it. She pulled herself up on the side and was laughing non-stop with Ruby. So cute. She just thought she was so cool today as she pulled up and even tried walking a bit on the edge of things. She is getting really fast too. I tried to get some video of them laughing together, but I never get there quick enough to get the funnest moments. I did get alittle though. They were so funny together in there. Ruby was pouring a little bit of water on Elsie, so she got pretty wet.




Mike got home really late, both the girls missed him so much. Elsie just can't get enough play time with him these days. She was bouncing on his lap. He held her up and she bounced like crazy for at least 15 minutes. When he sat her down on his lap, she would turn around and get in the position for bouncing again. Makes me laugh, she definitely knows how to get what she wants. She does this with me with nursing, she will just position her body in the nursing position if that is what she is wanting. The way she looks at her daddy is so amazing, she just stares at him. She doesn't skip a beat when she wants to be held by him, she immediately crawls to him and pulls up on his leg. I love watching them together.




Another big day tomorrow, we are going to the carousel with my mom, niece, and nephew. It will be so much fun, Ruby already talks about riding it with her cousins and grandma. We will also get to see Tanya again for a playdate. This has been a great week, very full of activities.




I also talked with Kathy Taylor about Elsie's 6 week hand/footprints. They are done and I am going to be picking them up next week. She also has a 3D print of both Ruby and Elsie's foot/handprints that I having her make. It is going to be so cool, I am so excited to see them.

No comments:

Post a Comment