Tuesday, December 8, 2009




The girls spent the morning chasing around our cat Morris. It was so cold the last few days so we let both Henry and Morris stay inside with us. They both were great the whole night through. Elsie was so excited to see him, she pulled up on him and toppled over him. It looked like she was wrestling with him. Ruby just loves to have him near her and to take care of him.

I had to leave the animals in the house when we left today and all I could imagine was coming home to a mess. Surprisingly, the house was fine and they did well together. It was the first time for Henry to be inside without one of us there, and he made it for 4 hours.

Brrrr...what a chilly day! When we got out to the car this morning, Ruby said, "Mom there is steam coming out of me!" So funny! It was just so cold.

We started the day by going to our friend Janelle's house. She just had a new baby boy Jake 4 weeks ago. We was so precious and tiny, just absolutely beautiful. Ruby played with her older son Luke while we chatted. They are really close in age and usually have issues playing together. It was really different today, they played awesome together. We were both amazed and proud of them. They didn't get into any squables while we were there and entertained themselves the entire time. So cute! It was a really great visit and so nice to see that all was going good for them. Can't wait to see them all again.

Around noon, I connected up with another friend Angie and her boys. We had never been to their home before. Ruby and I ate lunch and then she was off to play. Angie and I are working out together, we are doing the biggest loser cds together. She liked them, and so we decided to get together 3 days a week to workout. Elsie did well and just sat there most the time looking at new things. She did get a little upset at the end, but nothing major. She pulled up on Angie a few times, so cute. At one point I was in the push up position and Elsie was under me. She had the biggest grin and thought it was so cool, like she was holding me up. Ruby ran around with her boys Tony and Teddy, they had a blast together.

Later, we came home and Ruby wouldn't take her nap so I just had her lay down and rest for about 30 minutes. She has been skipping quite a few lately, I just don't have the patience to sit in there with her like I used to. She goes to be much earlier now, around 7:45 to 8:30 and falls right asleep.

Ruby has had really irritated skin all over her the past few days, I am wondering what is bothering her. Her hands are the reddest.

Mike is so excited, he actually sold his XBOX on ebay and now is looking buy an XBOX 360. We almost went into town, but it was so late by the time we had dinner and then loaded up the girls. When we got into the car, I looked back and Ruby was asleep. Tired little thing. So we got gas and turned around and headed home.

4 comments:

  1. I hope Ruby's skin starts healing up soon. My kids are going through the same thing right now. For them, it's the cold weather. The doctor told me to slather them in the thick waxy Eucerin lotion after their daily bath. It helps for Franka, but Ted has to use steroid creams as well. He has severe eczema though. Gotta love the winter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally...I was thinking it had to do with that too. I have been reading your blog, you are an awesome writer Evie! Miss you much and hoping to see you one of these days in the near future. Love and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love and hugs to you too Eve. I miss you guys so much! I love that we can keep in contact through Facebook and our blogs, but there's nothing better than seeing you guys in person. Thanks for your encouragement regarding my writing. It means a lot to me. I'm so glad you take the time to read my stories. I really look forward to every one of yours. Love you so much!

    ReplyDelete