Sunday, December 13, 2009

Old Friends




We spent the day with our long time friends, Candy and Ethan and their boys. It was so nice to see them, it had been a long time. Too long.

Mike and Ethan both love to play games on XBOX, so they did that while Candy and I chit chatted. The boys started out by trying to play UNO with Ruby, but she didn't stick with it and started doing something else. We then got out the Monkeys Jumping on the Bed game and that didn't hold their interest for long either. Ruby and Gage did go outside for a bit and played together, it was so cold though and they only made it about 15 minutes total before coming back inside to warm up. Elsie slept through much of the time we were visiting. Ruby and Candy colored together for a bit, Ruby loves to do that and really enjoyed watching Candy draw different things for her.

After visiting for a few hours, we decided to head into Spokane to eat at Chili's. Yum! I usually don't like their food much except for the chips and salsa. Today I ordered a cajun chicken pasta and it was really tasty. Ruby picked out her own food today, she decided on a grilled cheese. I thought corn on the cob would be fun for her, so we did that for the side dish. We all enjoyed the food very much and especially spending time with Candy and Ethan. They are so much fun!

After we made it home, I cleared off a big desk that I had in our spare room. We have decided to make our spare room into a room for Elsie since we probably will be here for another two years. Mike toted it out to the garage and also put away the exersaucer since Elsie isn't enjoying it as much anymore. Now we have so much more space. Our only issue is where to put the computer. Our house is so small and we don't have more to work with. Right now it is in the spare room, but I am thinking we will have to put it in the living room. We'll see! I am also thinking we are going to put her changing table in the garage as well, to create more space for her bed.

Elsie was a little ham today, smiling like crazy at Candy and being playful. She wanted to be on me a lot at dinner, so she fell asleep while nursing the entire meal. When she got up her hair was standing up in every direction, so cute. Wish those teeth would start popping through so she would feel better.

I decided to wrap all the presents last night, that was fun but I am glad to have it done. We also put up some more ornaments I found in the closet tonight. Ruby put up a bunch, so now the tree looks much better and more Christmasy. There were some we made from dough and cut out, so funny that she can't remember making them only one year ago. She thought they were pretty cool though. I think we will make more of them this year. I plan on making most of the ornaments for our tree, I just think it means more that way.

Another busy week ahead, something planned everyday. It will be lots of fun and full of the Christmas spirit! Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment