Sunday, December 6, 2009

Rice Crispy Treats!


We went into Spokane today and ate at Frontier West, the food was so, so! I bought an Entertainment book a few months ago and we have been eating at the places in it most of the time to save money. Ruby really enjoyed the bear shaped pancake through brought her with whipped cream for the mouth and eyes. She also loved the bacon and ham that Mike put on her plate too.

We decided to go try and find Ruby and Mike some snowpants before the snow hits us. I just have a feeling that it is coming our way. It was really cold today and almost hard to even walk from the car to the stores, but we managed. We finally found some pants for Ruby at Fred Meyer, only $15. So cute, she is already in girls size 4. No more toddler for her! Pink, of course! Mike also found some nice gloves and a new warmer hat to wear, but no pants. I think I am going to search out the second hand stores, they are really expensive.

When we got home, I cooked dinner while Mike and Ruby watched Lady and the Tramp together. It was a bit long for her, but she liked it I think. She is a creature of habit right now, and would rather watch the same movies over and over again. Netflix is forcing her to watch something different for a change.

We had steak for a change, it is so spendy these days. We usually don't get to have it because I buy organic and steak is way out of budget most of the time. Huckleberries had it on sale. It was really good. I also made a yummy salad, I don't make those often enough. Ruby ate everything in the salad except the red onions and lettuce. Elsie was happy just sucking on her teething biscuit, she really clobbered that thing today. While I was cooking I gave Elsie a carrot piece and celery. She tasted the celery, and made a yucky look. She is so funny, I just kept handing her item after item to keep her occupied while I cooked and she would regain interest each time.

Elsie is pinching so hard right now, thank goodness I was able to cut her nails just recently. They were really painful for a while. After I put her to bed, I came out to the kitchen and made rice crispy treats for us (mostly Mike). Ruby watched. She thought it was so fun to feed Henry the pieces that stuck to her fingers. First she wouldn't try the marshmellows, but then after the krispies were added she loved it. She eats so slowly, Mike always jokes about it. I was surprised that she took so long to eat the rice krispy treat I gave her. This was her first time of eatting one. She actually helped me make them too by pouring the krispies into the bowl. Love to have her help me, hopefully I can think of more ideas of simple things to cook with her, especially now that we are stuck inside so much.

She was so tired tonight. She has been waking up during the night time hours and Mike has been putting her back to sleep over and over. She is still going down on her own though, which is awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment