Monday, December 7, 2009


We started the day by heading over to a friend's house for a playdate, but they didn't answer the door. It was so cold, so I tried for awhile and then gave up and went to Walmart instead. Later I found out that she emailed me to tell me they were sick.

Ruby was hungry, she has been telling me she is hungry all day. So...we went to Starbuck's and got a blueberry muffin and banana bread. Ruby loved them both and she was full for a good hour as we meandered through the store. While we were in line for our treats, Ruby looked out the window and asked about everything it seems. First she noticed the yellow speed bump and asked me what the yellow bump was that was making the trunk jump. Then she asked about the pictured and drawings on the windows of Starbucks, why they were there. Next she asked about a red thing outside of a store that they were blowing air through to get peoples attention. She is just so curious these days...and I wonder why her favorite book is curious George. I am loving her comments and questions, so fun!

She is quite the little helper these days. We brought the stroller with us into the store. Ruby insisted on pushing it the entire time. Right before we were about to leave she had to use the restroom. We hustled back there and they had a tiny toilet, just her size. She loves it when things are "Ruby sized".

We were having lunch and I said to Ruby, "You know Mommy loves you right?" Just being silly. Ruby said, "Yep!" and then said, "I like you loving me!" I thought that was so cute.

She didn't go down for her nap today. So I decided to work on knitting while we sat together. I was able to complete quite a bit in the hour or so. I am getting really good at the technique she taught me. Can't wait to get going on some new ones at the meeting.

Elsie was laughing at random today, so cute. Mostly when she saw Ruby, even when she wasn't doing anything funny. She just loves her sister. They are really cute together. She is just so cute with our dog Henry too, loves to pet him and when he tries to lick her. Today I gave her some big chunks of apple to chew on and she threw two of them on the ground for him, but kept one tightly in her hand as she licked it. I was watching her in her exersaucer today and saw her repeatedly looking in the mirror . She had to arch her neck down to see in it, but kept doing it over and over. I just thought it was adorable!

Ruby has started laughing differently lately, and Mike said that he thinks she sounds like her cousin Ciara. I was thinking the same thing today. Katie and I always sounded really similar, so I am wondering if that is why.

We made spagetti tonight, Ruby's favorite. She was so hungry today, abnormally hungry. She ate all of her lunch and then every last drop of her dinner. She just kept saying she was hungry thoughout the day, I am thinking we are hitting another growth spurt.

Mike and Ruby watched Sandlot tonight and could hear them laughing together over it, I heard it was a really good show and I can't wait to see it too. Ruby kept noticing their eye color and saying that someone had green eyes like Mom. So funny!

No comments:

Post a Comment