Saturday, December 5, 2009

Plumbing Fixed

Yay, our plumbing is working again! We were having major plumbing issues this week and Mike's Dad drove up here to help us out. We weren't able to use our toilet, shower, laundry, or dishwasher. It really makes me appreciate everything we have, especially when you are forced to live without it for so long. I am so grateful for the work that Mike's Dad did for us today.

Ruby woke from her nap today and said, "Grandpa is here to fix the plumbing so I can use the bathroom!" She cracks me up because she really listens to every conversation that Mike and I have and will try to explain things to us now using ideas from what she has heard.

Elsie is loving to chew on teething biscuits now, and Ruby always wants to eat one too. First I told her no, but then I thought why not? She loves them and they sit and eat them together. So funny :)

Mike and Ruby watched "Frosty the Snowman" together tonight and she enjoyed it. He made them hot chocolate to drink together and first she said that she didn't like it. Once she finally agreed to try it though, she loved it and drank it down quickly. I could hear Mike talking to Ruby about how they were going to sled together and build snowmen together, but first they need thermals to keep them warm. Ruby is so excited to play in the snow when it comes, especially with her Daddy!

1 comment:

  1. Three cheers for Mike's Dad!!! I am so excited to hear you are back in running water. I've been thinking about your sufferings every time I turned on a faucet or flushed a toilet around here. I am so glad he was able to fix it for you guys!

    ReplyDelete