Thursday, December 3, 2009

Knitting







I decided to go to a playdate where I would learn to knit today and it was so much fun :) We carpooled with a friend of ours, Ruby was really excited to ride next to her friend Jacqueline. They had some difficulty riding next to eachother throughout the drive, but there were some cute moments where I heard them singing their abcs in unison together while we talked. They also gave high fives a few times.






Knitting was a blast and actually came quickly for me, I plan on attending all the other playdates that are set with knitting so that I can keep adding a new skill. Right now I can only go back and forth and make a scarf. I am hoping to make some cute little dresses for the girls eventually, we'll see! Ruby was very excited to see a huge play horse when we got to the playdate today, she immediately ran to it and sat on it. She is just in love with horses right now. My friend Tanya that I commuted with, made Ruby a lunch too and she sat and ate it with Jacqueline. Tuna yum! Elsie pulled up on everything and just loved all the space at Melissa's house. I enjoyed chatting with other moms and meeting some new ones. My mom group is awesome!






On the ride home, Ruby was really tired and being alittle irritable. She eventually fell fast asleep, Jacqueline stayed wide awake.






When we got back to Tanya's, she invited us inside so I could nurse Elsie. It was a really long ride and she needed to get a bit more. We chatted while the girls played. By the time we left it was 3 pm, we had a blast with them!






The day was going by pretty slowly once we got home so I decided to put in "Santa Claus is Coming to Town" for Ruby to see. I bought a set of Christmas DVDs at Costco for an amazing price, it has 7 DVDs and a CD of songs for $13. After the movie, we decided to listen to the music CD together. I got up and danced to all of them with Ruby, she loved it so much. We had a great time together. Elsie just smiled watching us and even danced with me a bit too. So fun, I was actually breaking a sweat.






Elsie is pulling up so much now, she started pulling up on the couch now. I even noticed her pulling up and walking to closer to the object we pulled up on or to the side a bit. She is on the go and don't try to stop her. Ruby just can't keep her hands off of Elsie these days, I wouldn't mind if it didn't end up with Elsie crying or getting irritated. We have been trying so hard to get her to stop being so on top of Elsie. I am just fearful that she will get hurt because Ruby just swings her around and rolls around with her so abruptly. I really have to keep a close eye on them right now.






Despite this, they laughed a lot together today. Elsie just thinks that Ruby is awesome and so fun to watch. She was cracking up when Ruby was brushing her teeth today, so Ruby noticed it and kept doing all these funny things to keep her laughing. I just love it, too cute!






I put Elsie in bed with Ruby for a bit before she went to bed. Ruby thought it was so fun, but she was really tired and kept trying to grab her. Elsie loved it and so did Ruby though, I just kept having to remind her to give Elsie a bit of space. They laughed a lot together in bed too, Ruby can't wait until Elsie is old enough to sleep next to her :) She was sooooo tired and fell asleep immediately after putting her to bed and saying goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment