Tuesday, December 15, 2009

It snowed over the night and we woke to a fresh coat on the ground. So pretty. Ruby was excited to try out her new snowpants and play in the snow. We got everything together and headed to a playdate.

We went to our awesome friend Tanya's house. Ruby ran around with Jacqueline all by herself. They got along really well. I kept going upstairs to see if everything was okay. Each time I went up, no issues except one. I asked if they were doing okay and Ruby had a different look on her face, but said that it was going fine. I could smell a fragrance, so I went to investigate and found that they had gotten into lotion. She always puts things on her neck, so I had to clean her neck up. Then both Tanya and I searched around to find the exact smell. We never did, but it smelled exactly like baby powder. Other than that, it went perfectly. I really emjoyed talking with my mom friends, such a great group today. Tanya made us all sandwiches with different types of cheese, one had wasabi cheese. It was yummy! Ruby ate hers pretty well, and she surprised me that she would eat it with tomato on the sandwich. She is alway more willing to eat different things when we go there.

Elsie slept through most of the playdate, but did get out and play a bit. She was really noticing babies today. There were two others, one that was 3 month and one that was one month. She pulled up on the one month old baby Jake's carseat while he slept to look at him. The three month old baby Dean was nearly the same size as Elsie, they both sat next to eachother and touched softly. Too cute.

We had so much fun there as usual, the time just flew by. Before I knew it, it was getting closer and closer to 2 pm. Once we got home, I let Ruby stay outside and play in the snow a bit. It was super wet, but she still enjoyed it. She spent most of her time shoveling, I am thinking to be like Daddy. Then I had her go out in the back yard and she was feeding Henry snow. She was soooo wet, I finally decided it was time to get inside. After I stripped her down to the first layer of clothes she was dry again.

Ruby was riding this little push toy around the house back and forth between Mike and I. She kept giving us each a kiss as she said goodbye to us. I heard her say "that was a good kiss Daddy!" over and over. Mike was like "thanks, I have been practicing". So funny, she is all about kisses right now.

Elsie is pulling up like crazy and letting go with one hand and transfering to different objects. She is taking a few steps along the object too. So amazing, I really think she might start walking earlier than Ruby who started at 1 year. We'll see! She was looking at her reflection on the sliding glass doors with Ruby and laughing at them. She loves to see herself in mirrors and glass now.

Ruby gave me 7 kisses before bed today. She didn't want to brush her teeth with toothpaste, but I told her that we would have to go talk to the dentist if she didn't and she quickly decided to comply.

2 comments:

  1. I'm going to have to try that, "We'll have to go talk to the dentist..." thing myself. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally...I am amazed that it worked myself :)

    ReplyDelete