Thursday, November 19, 2009

Thursday

We started the day off at Tanya's house. This is always something that both Ruby and I look forward to on Thursdays. Ruby enjoyed all the learning activities that Tanya planned for the group today. She especially liked a scavenger hunt for shapes and colors and then tracing the shapes she found with the color of the object. At one point I walked over to watch Ruby and Jacqueline tracing their objects, they were both doing an excellent job. Ruby saw Jacqueline tracing her object in a different color than it was and immediately let her know that she wasn't doing it right, that the object was blue instead of green and she need to use blue to trace it. So funny! For lunch, Tanya made tomato soup and Ruby has never had it before. She was willing to try it and ate about half of it, I was surprised. She just loved sitting with her friends at the table. It amazes me that she can sit so calmly in a group of toddlers. It was really cute watching her with them. Jacqueline loves babies, I have never seen a little girl that loves them so much. She always asks if she can hold Elsie, so I propped her up on Jacqueline's lap and she was just as happy as could be. It is so funny to watch her hold Elsie, Jacqueline is such a tiny little thing and Elsie looks almost as big as her when she holds her. Elsie is getting more active now so she doesn't want to sit still and be held as long. Ruby also did painting with these Crayola toddler paints, she is so crafty now. She was perfectly content sitting there filling her paper up with color. Later, Jacqueline wanted Ruby to go upstairs to her room and play. They had a book called "Pinkalicious" and I read it aloud to them, very cute and they loved it. After playing for a bit, we headed out. Always love going to playdates at Tanya's and thankful to have them as friends.

As I drove home, Ruby fell asleep and napped for a very short time. Mike arrived home shortly after we pulled up and helped me get her out of the car. She immediately woke up to see him and spend some time with him. Once she has slept at all, she will not go back down for a nap.

Mike was gone for his master's class all night, so we barely saw him at all the entire day. He has been gone a bunch lately, we are really looking forward to having him home for the weekend.

It was a really easy-going night. Since we have been working on sleeping alone, we spent a good part of the night with me as Ruby in her bed and Ruby as me. She loves to act out our everyday routine and be the mommy. She would tuck me in and tell me sweet dreams, turn off the light, and shut the door. Then return again to do the same thing. One time she said "Sweet Dreams" as she walked out the door and I said, "Sweet dreams honey" as she was leaving. She got irritated and came back in and turned on the lights to tell me that I was not supposed to tell her "sweet dreams" because she wasn't going to sleep. I got a good laugh about that. She also is loving acting out a birthday. She will sing "Happy birthday Mommy!" over and over and have me blow out the candles on a pretend cake. Elsie was with me this whole time, enjoying the attention we both were getting from sister.

Later, we went back out to the living room and read "Pinnochio" together. She is such a great listener and really pays attention to the small details as I read. We had just watched Pinnochio the night before, so it was fun to pull out a book and read the story again. She liked the movie and story, but doesn't like the sad parts and will tell you about it. As I was putting Elsie to bed, Ruby sat and read the book aloud to herself, or recited the parts she remembered as she flipped through the pictures. Quite the little reader these days!

She is really liking pears these days. Everyday she asks for one. I was having cottage cheese and sliced pears in a dish as a snack and she hopped up beside me and wanted some. She loves cottage cheese and wasn't so sure about the canned pears, but once she had the two together she asked for her own bowl and gobbled them all up. She is really branching out and trying new things these days. Just wish she would eat green stuff, seems like the only thing I can get her to eat is peas in that category.

Daddy got home late and Ruby stayed up to see him before going to bed. When she got back into her bed, Mike asked her if she wanted her 10 pennies in a stack or laying in a line on the dresser. She said that she wanted them in a stack because that was easiest, we both laughed.

A good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment