Monday, November 23, 2009

Almost Well Again

We all felt better today, but still holding on to runny noses and coughs. So...I decided to stay home all day with the girls for one more full day of rest.

Early in the day, my sister in law called to tell us that Mike's brother Steven was injured badly at work. Since Mike had a half day, he traveled up there to be with him. I prayed for him all day. Although his injuries are pretty bad, we are thankful that they were not worse. The amount of pressure that was exerted on his face could have caused way more trauma. Now I am praying that he can rest for the five days needed and that his eye sight comes back fully in that eye. So hard to know your family is in pain.

Elsie ventured out further into the house today. She was down our hallway with Ruby quite a bit and then came into the kitchen and pulled up on the dishwasher while I was loading it. She is getting to be quit the big girl these days. Also, I officially witnessed her sitting up on her own without just falling into position. I noticed that she is bouncing a lot, especially when I hold her. I think she is getting those little legs ready for standing! I tried to give Elsie some applesauce today, and she just gagged again. So interesting to me, Ruby never did that. They look so much alike, but are so very different in so many ways.

Ruby was really antsy today, especially with Daddy gone so much of it. She wanted to climb on me all the time. She is really into horses right now, and will act like she is riding anything. She gets on my back when I am laying down and says "Giddy Up!". She also sits on Elsie's back too, acts like she is a tiny pony. She doesn't bounce thank goodness! I have had to keep my eye on her more these days when she is with Elsie, she always wants to pick her up, carry her, lift her. Scares the life out of me, I definitely can't leave them alone together, that is for sure. Most the time Elsie just thinks it is so funny and smiles at Ruby, but sometimes she gets irritated with all the attention and handling. She just wants to be on the go and Ruby slows her down by sitting her up in her lap or laying with her.

Ruby drew a tiny, tiny banana today and then showed it to me. I was so surprised, it actually looked just like a banana shape. I actually had to look closely for it when Mike got home, so I could show him that she made it. She is also drawing so well these days, coloring in specific areas rather than all over the place. She is still outside of the lines, but definitely picking objects and staying with them. It is so cool to see her do that.

The other day I used a thermometer to take Elsie's temperature and ever since Ruby has been acting like she is taking our temperature with anything that resembles a thermometer. Today it was a crayon. What cracks me up is that she will take it and put it in the crevace of our elbows rather than under the armpit.

Glad to have Mike back again :) Looking forward to seeing our awesome friends Neal, Janessa, and Sam tomorrow. Yay! We miss them so much and they are stopping by to see us on the way to see family in Spokane.

No comments:

Post a Comment