Saturday, November 21, 2009

Lazy Day

We all were sick today except Mike. So...we spent most of the day just relaxing around the house trying to get better.

Mike worked on cleaning up the yard all day, since the snow is probably going to hit us tonight. We were so behind in recycling, the whole truck bed was totally full to the brim. Our truck is sooooo old and we really don't want to put much money into it, which is a total irritation for Mike. The battery needs replaced along with the cables. He spent hours trying to get it started. I had to go out and help at one point, but it finally was fixed and on the way. If he leaves it running, then it will stay running and he can make it there and back. If he shuts it off it needs a jump.

While he was at recycling, I set Ruby up for some finger painting. She really enjoyed it. It is so messy though, and Mike can't believe it when he sees how much she gets all over everything.

When he returned, I quickly got lunch ready and served to Ruby and then sent her outside for some fresh air while Mike raked the leaves up and put them in the truck. She enjoyed being out with her Daddy, I watched through the window and saw her trying to help him. She really wanted to ride her bike, but he didn't have the time to take her up and down the street because he was trying to get everything done before dark. Also, she had torn off all the little pads inside her helmet, so it was unfunctional. She was outside with him for a good hour and a half while Elsie and I watched from the couch. Elsie is much sicker than we all are. All she really wanted to do today was nurse. So I was for sure stuck inside. It was nice to get some magazines read though, I really enjoy that.

Ruby came in for her nap and Mike for some lunch. Ruby actually asked me to leave her in her room alone to go down for her nap, but there was so much noise in the house that she never fell asleep. Mike was searching for a wrench and couldn't find it, he needed it to get the truck started. So noisy as he searched, and totally frustrated. Elsie woke up and Ruby was back out on the couch again. I ran next door to borrow a wrench, but the truck still wasn't starting. Ruby was so sweet and kept saying that she knew how to start it. Finally after probably 6 hours of being outside and working on the yard and truck, the truck started up again and Mike took it to the recycle center to get rid of our leaves.

We started Netflix, and I ordered "The Three Stooges" for Ruby since she loves slapstick comedy. I decided to put it in and she had a few good laughs, not as much as I had hoped though. Meanwhile, Elsie's temperature crept up and she was really not being herself. Her nose was runny and eyes watery, she was not playful but sad looking and irritable. Totally not her! Her temp was 100.5, I gave her infant tylenol and within 30 minutes she was back to her cheerful self and her temperature was down. Poor baby!

Thank goodness I put stew in the crockpot earlier in the day, so we had a nice warm dinner ready. We all love stew and it was perfect for this cold day!

Ruby and I read her curious george books from the library and she was off to bed. I am just so congested, it was really hard to read aloud to her, I sure hope I feel better tomorrow so I can keep up with everyone. Ruby is really into horses right now, and always expects Daddy to let her ride on his back from her bedroom to the bathroom and back before bedtime. She loves it. She was so tired, hopefully we all sleep tight tonight!

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry to hear you guys are all sick! I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete