Monday, November 30, 2009

Home

We have stayed home for over a week now and I am getting cabin fever. I miss being out and about. I am still barely sick, this is the weirdest cold and it lingers forever. The girls are feeling tons better, but they are really sleepy and a bit irritable still. Hoping to get out for a long walk tomorrow and get back on track with my goal to lose weight and be healthier.

Elsie was really playful today. She would make a noise and I would make one back and then she would laugh. We would keep doing this back and forth for a long time, so much fun. I absolutely love her personality that is already shining through. Before I put her down for bed, I was hiding behind the kitchen counters and playing peek-a-boo with her. She was totally into it and thought it was really funny. Just love to get her laughing!

Ruby has been into reading lately and will sit and listen to any book you bring her way. It just amazes me with the details she retains. Today she would bring me a book, we'd read it, then put it back on the shelf only to grab a new book.

She has been so cuddly lately, when she wakes up in the morning she will ask for a blanket and snuggle in my lap. When we are on the couch, she will nestle up beside me.

Before nap today, I decided to show Ruby how to cut a snowflake out of paper. She did not want to watch me do it because I had the scissors and she wanted them. Once I was done, she was pretty impressed and thought it was quite cool. She then folded hers up and cut into it. I turned it so that she could cut some pieces out too. She was really proud of her finished snowflake and taped them both to the window to look at. We also hung some ornaments on the tree. Ruby kept picking the same branches, I was afraid they would all be too heavy in one place but they are doing okay so far. So funny to see them all in one cluster on the tree. She was so tired, that she actually started to fall asleep during her lunch so I brought her into her bedroom and she fell right asleep. A two hour nap, yay!

We went to Ruby's favorite store today, Huckleberries! I love it too! They have tiny carts there and she immediately goes and gets one to push around while I put groceries in it. Works well for both of us. She also loves to put the groceries on the counter for the clerk. The clerks there are getting to know her name now. Mike came with us today, love it when he can be with us, makes the shopping a bit easier and manageable.

No comments:

Post a Comment