Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving!











Dinner turned out great and everything we exactly as planned. Mike asked me to make lots of stuffing, so I used two whole loaves from Costco to make it. He is in heaven with that! I also decided to serve broccoli as the vegetable, it went perfectly. I was looking up the time for our turkey on the internet today and found out that we could cook it breast side down for juicier meat. I tried it, and it was really good! Yum! Elsie tried broccoli and mashed potatoes for the first time, she was really messy. Ruby wasn't a big fan of the stuffing and tried a bit of her turkey. She really wasn't feeling up to par, so I didn't expect that she would eat much. Later when we ate pumpkin pie, she asked for a slice.








Neal and Janessa came by for a brief visit on their way home. I wish we lived closer to them, such awesome friends. Hoping we can get together more often after the winter is over and Elsie is a bit older. They left us with divinity and fudge, it is soooo good. Hard to stop myself from eating it all :)








It was a very nice day of sitting around and relaxing (aside from all the cooking I did).








I am thankful for my family and everyone else God has blessed me with throughout my life.








I told Ruby today was a day to give thanks for the thinks we are grateful for, and I asked her if she was grateful for Elsie. She quickly said "yes!" They are so fun to watch together, can't wait to watch them blossom as sisters. Mike made me come into the living room today so I could see them crawling together. So funny, it is neat to see that even though they can't communicate verbally yet with one another, they find other unique ways. Loving it!

No comments:

Post a Comment