Thursday, November 19, 2009

So excited....

Wow! That was really easy, wish I would have set this up earlier. I will mainly use this blog to document Ruby and Elsie's growth over the years, but will also write about our family events as well.

Ruby is now three years old. She has slept in her own bed and went to sleep without either of us by her side for the past three nights. The first two nights she cried a bit and asked for mommy, but eventually fell asleep on her own. Last night she fell asleep right away without a single peep. Mike leaves her pennies on the dresser when she wakes if she falls asleep on her own. So cute. She just loves waking up and looking for them. The first thing she does in the morning is get up and put them all in her piggy bank. Love this idea...so thankful he thought of it. Anything that doesn't involve candy is a favorite with me.

Lately Ruby has been talking in third person. I have tried to get her to refer to herself as "I", but she is just getting better and better with changing her sentences and refering to herself as "Ruby". I am thinking it may have been me who introduced her to this way of speaking, because now I am noticing that I call myself "mommy" all the time. It just amazes me that she is so good at changing her sentences around like this.

Elsie is crawling away and since yesterday I have noticed her venturing out much further around the house. She actually came into the computer room with me today and was looking around at everything. She is so fast now too! She also is pulling up on things, but not the couch yet. It scares me sometimes because she pulls up on things like shelves and drawers. She has even pulled up on our kitty Morris. Just a curious little girl these days, she is into anything and everything she can get her hands on. I sit her up at the table with us now, although she is not eating anything as of yet other than breastmilk. She always gags when I try to give her something, so I am trying every so often to see if she is ready. I do give her things to taste though and she sticks her tongue out over and over to taste it, but always looks at me to get reassurance. Yesterday we gave her a spoon at the table and that entertained her the entire dinnertime, she just kept banging it and passing it back and forth the entire time. Usually she drops everything I give her within minutes, this was the longest I have seen her keep interest and hold onto a spoon.

She has been grunting all the time too these days. Anytime she interested in something that comes in her view, she makes a grunting sound. She is a very vocal baby, it is really cute and gives everyone around her a big chuckle.

I have been on a workout kick lately. Last week we walked four days out of the week from 2-3 miles a day and I did a workout DVD three of those days. I am trying to continue the momentum. I have a new friend Angie who is awesome and walking with me. Yesterday was our first walk together. Boy, it is really a major challenge to walk with kiddos. I am so thankful though that they are cooperative and usually make it most of the time without a fuss. Loving the fresh air too. It is getting so cold!!! Not sure how many more outdoor walks we will be able to get in before winter sets in full force.

We are all looking forward to the holidays. I just received our two turkeys for Christmas and Thanksgiving. Mike wasn't too thrilled that we ended up with two small turkeys, he just loves the leftovers. Hopefully I will make it up by making tons of stuffing as he requested. We plan on going to get our tree earlier this year, the day after Thanksgiving. I just love going out and cutting it down, hopefully this year we will be able to go on the hayride up to get our tree, last year we waited too long and it was freezing up there.

Loving this new blog, nice and easy!

1 comment:

  1. I am so inspired by your committment to exercise. Keep up the great work! Love you, Ev.

    Ps. Love your new blog too! I've really missed your writings.

    ReplyDelete