Friday, November 20, 2009

Picture Day

I spent the morning cleaning and getting ready for my sister-in-law to arrive. The house looks great now, but she actually had to go into work last minute and wasn't able to come. Nothing like a possible visitor to spur me into cleaning! Good to be caught up a bit :)

Ruby ate a raw spinach leaf today, she actually asked for it and took the stem off and munched it down. I was so surprised. I made cooked spinach yesterday and used some on my sandwich today. Usually she will throw it to the side when I make it or anything that involves a lettuce shaped food. I am thinking she sees how much I like it and wanted to try it out. She didn't hate it, I guess that is a good sign for sure! She's going to have to love veggies to be in this house, they are my favorite for sure!

After lunch, both girls were so tired because they are a bit under the weather. Ruby went to bed an hour early and and slept more than two hours. Elsie slept almost as long. Glad they are only slightly sick.

Later, we went to get Elsie's 7 month pics taken at JCP. I wanted a bathtub scene since I have a cute one of Ruby at this same time. Elsie was not too thrilled at first, so she nursed for a bit and we tried it again and I actually got some pretty cute ones of her. Mike held Ruby above Elsie for awhile to get her to smile. It is amazing what I try to get good pics! Elsie insisted on pulling up to a standing position during one of the pics, I was so amazed. She hasn't really been standing up as much as pulling up to her knees. I am thinking we don't have long before she is pulling herself around the edges of the couches. Spent way toooo much, why isn't there ever a time when only one picture is perfect and all the others have flaws. I always want to buy them all :)

Ruby was so hungry by this time and she kept looking at all the restaurants and saying that she wanted to eat at them, that they looked like a good place to eat. So funny! We ended up going to Applebee's. It was so packed. So many other customers that were waiting had fun watching Elsie smile and flirt with them. This kept her entertained for most of the wait. She is sitting in a high chair now and grabbing at everything. She doesn't really want to eat anything, just stick her tongue out over and over to taste it. Today it was the table, yuck!

We got home really late and immediately put the girls down to bed. Ruby had a harder time going to bed on her own tonight, but eventually fell asleep. Mike had to turn on the hallway light and that made her feel better. Mike told her that she needed to sleep with her babies that she had lined up on the bed beside her, and she took her arm and pushed them all off the bed and said "No, I need to have you sleep beside me!" I was worried that she wouldn't fall asleep, but thankfully she did within minutes of Mike's last trip to her room.

1 comment:

  1. So funny Eve! I love Ruby's attitude. She is too precious!

    ReplyDelete