Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Food




Yesterday, Elsie pulled herself up to standing for the first time. That girl is on the go right now, she is booking it from one thing to another, hard to keep up with her.

Ruby played UNO with Mike yesterday, the child's version. We noticed that she was turning her cards so the numbers were not upside down. She is now recognizing that the numbers match and putting those in the pile all by herself, in addition to being able to put the same color together.

Last night Ruby had 103.5 temp, we called the consulting nurse and she was surprised that we hadn't dealt with this before. When we called it was only at 102 and she said that was normal, Ruby's had never even been that high before. Mike went promptly to get children's motrin and it took the fever away by 1 am. Thank goodness! So scary! Elsie had a fever about a week ago, so I think that they both had the same thing but it took Ruby longer to get the same cold. It sure kept us on the edge of our seats though.

Today, Ruby grabbed a mouthpiece of a trombone that Mike had sitting on the counter. I told Ruby not to touch it because it was full of germs and dirty. She sat it down and looked at it for a while and then said, "Did a dog pee on it?" I told her no and then she said "Is it a bell?" I was laughing so much, she just didn't quite understand what it was and why I was making such a big deal about it.

Ruby's temperature was down all day and she is feeling much better, thank goodness.

Elsie is pulling up on everything these days and following us around the house like crazy. When Mike came home today, she immediately started crawling toward him trying to get his attention. When he picked her up, she was so happy and just staring at him and smiling from ear to ear. She is so content just being held in our arms and looking around at everything.

Mike decided he was going to work on fixing a part in Ruby's little kitchen that was broken. When he sat down, Elsie crawled over to his leg and pushed up on it and watched everything he was doing. Ruby came in behind him and crawled all over him too, they were definitely missing him today. It was so neat to see them loving on him and just wanting to be with him.

Later at dinner, I made pancakes. I gave Elsie some broken up pieces of pancake on her tray. Usually she just pushes food I give her around and it ends up on the floor. I was so surprised to see that she was taking the pieces and trying to feed them to herself. So cool! She was gagging either, yay! I was totally excited and couldn't stop watching her, she is just amazing me lately. She is also sitting herself up in the sitting position all the time now. I cannot wait for her to be pulling up and then pulling around the furniture.

Ruby had a hard time going down without me today, but she is in there sticking it out. A tiny fuss, but pretty quiet so far. Hoping she can get to sleep easily tonight.

I am SOOO blessed and thankful for my two beautiful girls. Not a moment goes by where I forget to count my blessings!

Looking forward to Thanksgiving tomorrow...still praying for Steven and that his eyesight fully recovers!

1 comment: