Sunday, November 22, 2009

Another Lazy Day

We woke up to a few inches of snow on the ground. I would have love to go out and play in it, but Elsie was still sick and I am even sicker today. I am so congested and the same for Elsie. She is coughing too. I cannot wait to get back to our normal health. So once again, we just sat around the house most of the day.

I was able to get Mike to play a new game that we never openned. His parents bought it for us last year. It is a version of UNO that spits the cards out at you. So much fun! It said that you had to be 7 years old to play, but with some assistance Ruby was able to play it with us. She loved watching the cards fly out and getting a turn to push the button. I have been dying to play a game with Mike, and thank goodness he gave in and played with us. We were all laughing and having a good time together. We used to play games all the time, it was fun to do it again after so many years.

Ruby went into her bedroom and wanted to try and nap on her own. I left her there thinking she may be able to do it on her own, but sort of knew she would play around in there. Oh well, at least she got a few moments of relaxing and quietness. While she tried to nap, I actually was able to look through some pictures and put them into a frame. I rearranged the photos on the fridge and on the wall. I really like it, but it is pretty crooked. I think I am the only one who will notice anyway.

Later in the afternoon, we decided to head into Costco to buy a few necessities for Thanksgiving. The roads were totally clear the entire trip into Spokane, but it is covered with snow out here in Cheney. The first thing we saw were two booths offering chocolates to eat, we were right no top of that. So yummy! One was a truffle, love those! I was just telling Mike how I never ate chocolate much before we got together. He eats it so much, now I crave it sometimes. Ruby loves it too!

When we got home it was time for dinner, I decided to make chicken tacos. Mike held Elsie and watched the movie "Heidi" with Ruby. He could not believe how grabby and squiggly Elsie is, he could hardly keep her in his arms. The moment she sees me, she wants me to hold her. So I spent part of the time holding her as I finished the last of our meal.

The days are going by way tooooo fast these days. Elsie is now sound asleep in bed and I am soon to follow. She has been getting up at 5 or 6 am, so I am exhausted by this time each night it seems.

No comments:

Post a Comment