Sunday, January 17, 2010




Went to our second church service today! Ruby had trouble going into the childcare area, I was kind of expecting that. Mike stayed with her for a while and she still didn't want to be there, so as he was walking by the area for 4-5 year olds he saw our neighbors. They told Mike that he could leave her in that center with their daughter who was in it. Ruby felt much better about that, but once she realized he was gone again she got upset again. We are going to keep on trying to get her in there because it is a great program and with other kiddos the exact same age as her. Elsie is loving church, Mike and I pass her back and forth between us and she smiles at all the people around us. Just a good time for her. We are really liking it at this church, very relaxed and less pressure for Mike and I. I am hoping to get more involved as the girls get a bit bigger, but I am perfectly happy the way it is right now because I am finally going regularly!

We drove home and I dropped Mike off at home and took the girls to Spangle. Just a whim decision. We had an entertainment coupon for a restaurant there so I thought it would be fun to try it out and find the park there for the girls. I was surprised that it was actually only 15 miles away. There was only the one restaurant, and they had great food. Ruby and I both loved it. Elsie was content just sitting there in the highchair eatting her teething biscuit. I gave her a few nibbles of the yummy pie they brought us...coconut cream. We all liked that! We will definitely be going there in the future again. Ruby tried pineapple juice there too and really liked it. After we all loaded back up in the Durango, we headed over to the little park we had located before going to the restaurant. There was a little swing for Elsie and some for Ruby. They both loved swinging. Ruby went on a Merry Go Round for the first time and she really enjoyed it. They also had a tire swing and a rope swing, lots of new stuff for Ruby to try out. She liked them all. I let Ruby hold Elsie on the Merry Go Round as it went very, very slow. Elsie thought it was fun that sister was holding her and that she was moving. It was just a cute little park and fun to go somewhere different for a change. I love trying out new experiences, wish Mike was more into doing this with us.

When we got home, I decided to make enchiladas. I have a recipe for the sauce, it is really good. They turned out great and even Ruby ate more than usual. Elsie slept during dinner, she is a tired girl these days.

I made popcorn and m&ms for Mike and Ruby. Elsie woke up and was right at their feet trying to get them to give her some. She has started this the past few days, totally ready to start eatting now. She wants to try everything we are having. Ruby keeps trying to feed her, which is kind of scary. She gave Elsie the whole popcorn piece, but Mike saw it and quickly swept it out of her mouth. She just loves being involved with her sister.

Not a day goes by where I don't think about how blessed I am to have these two beautiful babies, thank you God!

No comments:

Post a Comment