Friday, January 8, 2010




Elsie knows how to open things around the house now. So funny, she especially loves to open the little kitchen doors in Ruby's pretend kitchen. That girl is SO strong for a baby, she has the most amazing strength in her little hands.

I caught her bouncing up and down so many times today, so fun to watch. She also loves to look at her hands in amazement, twisting them back and forth and stretching all the fingers out to see them all.

I braved some new food items with her today. Mike and I gave her some crackers and she sucks on them for so long they dissolve in her mouth. I gave her a cookie and the same thing happened. I gave her some boiled sweet potatoes (yummy), but she wasn't thrilled. I ate some too and they were sooooo good. She let me put some in her mouth off of my finger, but eventually it came back out. I also gave her some applesauce, she didn't seem to mind that as much. I poured it on her tray and she loved playing in it, but didn't really like eatting it. This girl is so much harder to get eatting than Ruby ever was, funny how different they are from eachother. I have also added a new sippy cup to her dinner fun. I fill it with water. She is getting pretty good with it, but usually needs some help using it. When she sucks on it and gets water out she always stops and gives a strange look because of the taste.

I noticed that Elsie's hair is getting so much longer, there are tons of long hairs starting to pop up around her head. It is still so short, mainly the hairs are on the top, but she does have some around the back as well. So soft, I love to run my hand over it.

Ruby amazed me today with her coloring. She is spending more time on each picture and coloring more deliberately these days. I am going to take some pictures of her work, they are really colorful. Neat to see her specifically coloring objects.

I was organizing the book shelf today and I left the bottom shelf unorganized and on the floor while I went to do something. Ruby quickly got to work and when I came back I was pleasantly surprised to find it organized so neatly. I had to take a picture to show everyone, pretty cool. I am thinking she might be following in Mom's footprints as a librarian, we'll see.

I am thinking about going back to work subbing half days in April, once Elsie is one year old. At that point she can have milk and will be able to hand a few hours with someone else while get out and work a bit. I am thinking about doing it once or twice a week, depending on how many jobs come up in Cheney. This year has really flown by, I can't believe Elsie will be one in three months.

I have not been working out all week, feeling guilty. Time to get back on track, starting fresh and anew on Monday. Thank goodness my workout buddy is flexible and understanding. Mike and I are also going to join a gym at EWU together. He is going to watch the girls for me for one hour, so I can start getting in there and working out on my own. Really looking forward to it, and especially in the new gym. Wish me luck! I really want to at least walk in Bloomsday this year, probably with the stroller in tow. Hopefully as the girls get older I will be able to run some of it. Health is a big goal for me right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment