Saturday, January 23, 2010

Remembering...

We went into town today to get out and do something different...we have been stuck here quite a bit lately to save money. Mike went to see "The Book of Eli" and I took Ruby and Elsie to a kids concert a few blocks from the mall. Ruby loved it and danced to the live music. Elsie enjoyed listening to it too. I got up a few times and danced with her too. Fun! After it was all over, they gave everyone cake since it was a celebration of a radio station who puts on the concerts. Ruby was very excited about that. She picked the vanilla cake, I was very surprised since she loves chocolate so much. Elsie rode in the stroller without her carseat. Mike thought it looked funny...we are just so used to seeing her in the carseat since it is a sit and stand. Elsie is so small in it, but she is perfectly content sitting there and looking around at all the people walking by. I also went to Gymboree and Baby Gap to look around, but didn't buy anything although it was tempting. I put some really cute hats on Elsie and they were adorable.

We met back up and walked to Olive Garden to eat. Yummy! I ate the minestrone, which is actually very good. Hoped to avoid the other soups and all the fat, although I love them. Ruby enjoyed the breadsticks and olives. Elsie slept through the entire experience, she was sooo tired for sure especially since she didn't wake up despite all the noise.

Tonight Mike and I were reminising and looking through old albums. We really miss our house in Shelton, Washington. It was beautiful. Lots of pictures of that. Also looked at old pics of my sister Katie with Kylar and Ciara when they were tiny...so sweet. Good memories. A good time in life. At that time I was so fit too, hope to get back to that shape and feel better about myself like I did then. Those were the best years for me, I dropped down to my lightest weight at 150 pounds and was so active. I didn't even realize how good I was doing at that time...but looking back I can see how much I changed. Hoping that as time goes on with the girls and I can be more active, I can get back to my healthier self :)

No comments:

Post a Comment