Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Shopping Day...




Spent the day in Spokane...doing random things. We started out by going to get the Durango's oil changed and made an appointment to get a major tune-up. Ruby was so excited because she remembered that they give out popcorn. She could hardly stand it while I was talking to the guy at the front desk...she kept saying, "Mom, I want popcorn!" We went over and sat at the table they have in the main lobby. Not the most pleasant little area to sit in because it just has a table and chairs and the popcorn machine. I had no idea that they have a lobby in the back where there are toys and couches and a TV...the guy up front came over and shared the information with us. It made the visit much more comfortable. They finished really quickly and then we headed back out to the car.

Next, we went to a consignment shop. Ruby loves going to these. I spent a long time looking around and grabbing all sorts of goodies for us and when I got to the front of the store and was ready to pay with my store credit they told me they were a different chain :( I still bought the stuff, since I spent so much time looking around and finding it. I found a great deal on a little toy that Elsie can hold on to and walk behind. She has been doing this a lot the past few days with chairs and such...so I figured she would love to have an actual toy she could hold onto and walk behind. I put her up to it she just got going..so cute! She is getting so close to walking, at least it feels like it with all the confidence she has.

Ruby played and played and played throughout the store with various toys. She loves horse and found a horse on a stick to ride around on :)

We then went to Goodwill to see if they had any jeans or shirts for me...I am lacking clothing right now. I found quite a few pairs and a few shirts, it was fun to search, but not so fun to try them on with the girls wanting my undivided attention. The second time I went in with them, they did a lot better. Ruby was so sweet and doing really good, except when it came to hiding under the clothes. I could not see her and it stressed me out. I hated to ruin her fun, but it was just too scary.

Since Target is right across the street, we went there last. I got Ruby some snacks and we walked around to see the deals they always have...LOVE Target. I found some shirts for a few bucks and a few other needed items. Then we went to the toy section...Ruby remembered months ago when we went to Target and she found a microphone that she loved. I was going to buy it, but she was being naughty and I had to bring it back. This time she was so good and it was really cheap...so I bought it for her. She was in heaven! We were all exhausted by this point...so we headed home.

Both girls slept the entire ride home and then we had dinner. Elsie tried bits of french fries tonight and enjoyed them. She also tried corn too and seemed to like it as well. Got some good video of Elsie picking up her food and putting it to/in her mouth. Ruby loves the Doodlebops, my mom bought it for her and she watches a portion of it everynight. She had to try her new microphone out with it, she was kind of shy though.

I have to say Ruby has been so sweet lately, it has been nice to be a little more relaxed with her :) Love my darling so much!

1 comment:

  1. I love the Doodlebops. Moe is my favorite. I hope Ruby has a lot of fun singing with that microphone! It's important to encourage music right from the start. Oh, wait, your husband's a band teacher. I guess don't need to lecture you, do I? ;)

    ReplyDelete