Saturday, January 2, 2010







Well, today I turned 33 years old and it was one of the best birthdays I have had since I was a teenager. Mike and I really didn't celebrate much before we had kiddos, but now that Ruby is old enough to understand it has really changed things. Mike kept commenting on how much fun it was to prepare for my birthday this year and how he looks forward to it next year. The cakes (one from Mike and one from Ruby) were so yummy and special just because they made them for me. Ruby and Mike picked out the most awesome cook book, it has a picture of everything in it and they are gorgeous. More than 500 recipes. I couldn't put it down. Love it. Mike got me a camera tripod, but it hasn't arrived yet. It looks really neat, and will work great when we want to take pics on vacations and such. The whole party they put on was just really simple, perfect for me. Loved watching them work together to make it just right and seeing them laugh and enjoy the process.






We were going to do something different for my birthday, but Ruby started getting the same cold that Elsie has. I thought Elsie was over it, but she actually started getting another temp today right after Ruby's went back down. Ruby slept for a good 3 hours, so we just decided to stay home and lounge around here. I think I am also getting sick too, bummer.






While Ruby slept, Elsie kept wanting to play and then coming back to me to hold and nurse her. Eventually she fell asleep and I handed her to Mike to hold. He was surprised that she actually let him hold her as she slept, she hardly ever does that. She is a very alert little thing and doesn't usually let anyone except me hold her as she sleeps, she always wants to sit up in your arms to look around. He was a happy Daddy.






We all played with playdoe tonight and watched "A Charlie Brown Christmas" together. Kept us occupied for a few hours. I noticed that Ruby is actually playing with it the correct way now, she used to just tear it up and then be done. Now she cuts it, presses it, and makes things out of it. Pretty cool. Elsie went to bed early, she just wasn't feeling well and fell right asleep.

3 comments:

  1. Fantastic Eve! Love the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun for you! But you can't say you got a cookbook and then no tell what it is. Your girls are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Karen :) The cookbook is "Cooking Light: The Essential Dinner Tonight Cookbook". It is so neat...if you haven't already seen it, I know you will love it! Thank you for the sweet comments about my girls :)

    ReplyDelete