Friday, January 1, 2010

Mike and Ruby spent most of the day getting ready for my birthday tomorrow. They went to town and picked up a gift for me. Mike told her not to tell what they had picked out, but the first thing she did was walk in and say what it was. So cute, she couldn't wait to share. The good thing is they got me a cookbook and I have no idea what one!

Later, Mike decided they would make me a cake and so they went into town and and Ruby picked out the cake, rainbow sprinkles. Love it! Mike immediately came home and got to work on the cake, he really got into it and actually had fun making it for me. In the 15 years we have been together, he has never made a cake for me. I feel pretty special. Ruby helped too with the stirring and tomorrow she will work on frosting the cake too.

Elsie is still sick and has a really weak voice right now so her cry is muted. Poor thing! I am hoping she bounces back to normal tomorrow.

Ruby was able to have some more of her sparkling cider, I drank another glass of wine tonight. She just thinks she is such a big girl as she sips her cider. She normally doesn't drink pop or carbonated beverages, it is so funny to her her burp so loud. She thinks it is pretty cool too.

1 comment:

  1. Ruby is so adorable. I hope you'll post a picture of the cake when it's all done. That is such a thoughtful thing for your husband to do. What a guy! Happy Birthday Eve! I love you. :)

    ReplyDelete