Saturday, June 25, 2011

New things...

We had a branch fall off of our tree, and the girls took a small part of it and replanted it in our yard.







Today Ruby asked me, "Why do they have to wear white dresses?" I asked her what she meant, she kept repeating the same question. I decided to be more specific and ask, "Where?" She said to a concert. I told her that you can wear anything you want to a concert, and then she said, "Why do they have to wear white dresses to get married?" I was so surprised that she picked up on this detail, I have not discussed it with her before. I told her that this is just the way that most people do it, but you can actually wear any color you want. She told me that she was going to wear pink to get married in because she likes the color. Then she added some more detail and said she also wanted it to have stripes. That's my girl!





We drove in with Mike to Hoopfest earlier, Ruby started singing some Twisted Sister. One of her favorites. Elsie started piping up and singing right alongside Ruby. It was so cute to hear them singing at the top of their lungs together, "We're not gonna take it! No!!! We ain't gonna take it!"




Mike was singing "The Itsy Bitsy Spider" and putting Ruby and Elsie's name in the song. We were both surprised to hear Elsie try it out with Mike's name. She did pretty good too and was proud of herself.







Elsie went potty on the big toilet twice today, she is so funny! The last time she read her book on the toilet, super cute! Proud of her, I think we are getting close to being potty trained, cross my fingers!

The last two nights, Elsie has been okay without me laying in bed beside her to go to sleep. She just asks me to sit in the rocking chair at the end of her bed and rub her hair until she falls asleep. She did ask to nurse tonight, but I told her she was such a big girl she didn't need to and she said she was a big girl and that was it. So proud!


No comments:

Post a Comment