Saturday, June 18, 2011

Our Day

I was asked to fill in for a friend at Bunko last night, so I decided to say yes. Mike got a movie to watch with the kiddos and was going to keep them up until 10 pm when I returned. When I got home, he had brushed both their teeth and they were already fast asleep in their beds. Amazing! This is the first night that Elsie has gone to bed without me. I was nervous, but it all turned out just fine. She did wake in the middle of the night and pushed a chair up to the front door and way yelling for me. She thought I was still gone. Poor girl. I am so proud of both the girls right now, they are growing up so fast and becoming so independent.

Tonight when I put Elsie down to bed, she only asked a few times to nurse and then did well settling in for the night. She wanted me to lay next to her and asked for a cup of water. Other than that, she did really well without nursing.

She has been so interested in reading books, she finds things she recognizes and points them out to us. Today she pointed to a book with bears in it, ficticious, and said "look mom, bear walking!" She loves to flip through any book, especially the ones that have more pages. Lately, my magazines have been her favorites. She sits for nearly an hour and just flips back and forth and looks at the pages. She is mainly quiet, but she did point of a cat one time in the magazine. At night we read together now, and she LOVES it.

Oh, we went to Cabella's today for Mike and it was so fun with the girls! They were really into all of the stuffed animals and displays, they loved crawling through the tents, and checking out all the toys. They are both at such a fun stage. We enjoyed their hot candied nuts together and then headed over to CDA to try out a new diner. So yummy...Jimmy's Down the Street. It was featured on Diners, Drive-throughs, and Dives a few months back. They make almost all of their food from scratch. I had heard about their chicken and dumplings...so I got it! Wonderful! Mike got their chicken fried steak and it was from scratch too, with biscuits and gravy (from scratch). Definitely will be going back there again!

No comments:

Post a Comment