Saturday, January 22, 2011

Hit the Trail!

Mike was gone all day and I called my mom to see if she wanted to get together. The girls were thrilled with the idea. Anytime they get a chance to hang out with Grandma is good for them! They also love their cousins too.

When they arrived, we decided to have lunch before heading out. I made egg salad and tuna and my Mom brought lunch meat and bread. It was a nice lunch and everyone enjoyed it.

Once we were all full, we got bundled up to go for a walk at Fish Lake Trail a few miles away. Once I went outside, I realized that is was actually much warmer than I thought. The trail was awesome, mostly clear of ice and water. It is always beautiful out there. Ruby walked with Kylar and chatted. Ciara, my Mom and I walked along with Elsie in the stroller. We walked about 2.5 miles total. My Mom brought her tiny doggy Snickers, she had never been on a walk before. She walked right into the water along the edges of the trail, Ciara grabbed her up and kept her little shivering body warm under her coat.

We noticed lots of birds nests and some trees that had fallen. The water was pretty deep on the sides of the trail. Most of the waterfalls were frozen, but a few still spurted water. Everytime I go there it is a different season and I love to see the changes, every season is beautiful in it's own way.

No comments:

Post a Comment