Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Bathtime fun!









During bath today, the girls had a great time together! It was too cute, so I decided to take some pictures.








The girls are so much fun right now...they spend tons of time playing together and trying to communicate with eachother. Mike had the girls at work with him for pep band tonight while I worked. I had to pick them up late. Mike almost always puts Ruby down to bed and I put Elsie down, but when he is working late I put them both down. It used to be a challenge, but lately Ruby has been so wonderful. Tonight she said, "Mom, I want to put myself down to bed", I was so excited to hear this. I told her she could, but she qualified it by saying that she was going to watch a movie first and then go to bed. It was already so late...so I gave her a bag of books from the library and told her to go read them on her bed. She was so excited and went straight there and started pulling them out. I saw that she had made a mess of her bookshelf, so I told her she had to put all the books back on the shelf and then she could read. While I was putting Elsie to bed in the next room, I could hear her busily putting them away and telling herself the stories. It is so fun to listen to her read to herself. When Elsie was asleep, I went into her room to find it all nice and tidy, as she sat on the bed reading. So wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment