Thursday, December 9, 2010

New Tooth!

I noticed that Elsie is getting a new tooth a few days ago...the left one right next to her middle bottom teeth. It just popped through today and I can actually see it!

Also, Elsie is actually letting me brush her teeth now, since yesterday! She always would get so upset, but now I tell her that we have to get it done before she can go "Nigh, Nigh" and she lets me brush. Yay!

I subbed a half day today, and when I went to my friend Tanya's house to pick up the girls they were doing great! I guess Elsie just fell right asleep and slept for 2 hours straight during her nap time. Ruby got along well with her daughter, what a great day! Also, the students I worked with were very nice and respectful the whole time! Some of the students were my old students at Reid, so neat!

Elsie is repeating so many new words right now, and has developed quite the little vocabulary. She is getting better at saying all the sounds of the word, but mainly gets the first part of it out. She is saying simple sentences like "I want open", "I want it", "I don't want to", to communicate what she is needing or wanting. I noticed her saying monkey today and she even tried to say her friends name Jacquelyn.

No comments:

Post a Comment