Friday, April 23, 2010

Trip to Eburg

We just got back from a quick overnight trip to Ellensburg. The girls did well overall. Ruby had a bit of a meltdown as we were leaving a friends and getting ready to head home, only because she was sooooo tired.



We arrived at our hotel around 4 pm yesterday, dropped some items off and then headed out to look at some the Kittitas Valley spring beauty. We drove all the way out by where I used to live as a child...Hungry Junction area. I wanted to let Ruby get out and pick some flowers. It was so windy, but I was determined to make it happen. Ruby loves to pick flowers right now, so I thought it would be a lot of fun for her. We ended up getting out briefly and she scouted one out, checked for bugs, picked it, and then it was back in the car because of the wind. My favorite memories of Ellensburg are from our ranch that was nearby and the smell of all the spring flowers that popped up. Ruby did like it too, wish that wind would have died down a bit.





Next, we went up by Mt Stuart Elementary, where I went through 3rd grade. There used to be the Winegars farm right next door with cows grazing in the pasture. I was surprised to see they had sold off the land next to the school and it was full of new houses :( They still own a small portion though where they make all their icecream and goodies. I went to another store in town with Ruby and we each had a scoop of icecream. Ruby chose the bubblegum and loved it. She was thrilled of course to be eatting icecream.






After our little treat, we headed to Kiwanis Park, another childhood memory. There is a stream there that you can find crawdads in. It was really chilly and windy, but we still got out and they both went on the swings and then we walked along the water. There was a new playset across the field, so we tried that out too and they both went down the slides. The water in the stream was going really fast and pretty deep, but I was surprised to see some daredevil kiddos walking through it, despite all the conditions around them. Ruby wanted to pick a dandilion and then we headed back to the car.


We then drove toward my friend Justine's house, we were meeting them for dinner. Ruby walked with her up to the house and chatted with her, introduced herself as Ruby Rose. She is definitely getting more social these days. I quickly got Elsie out and headed in, Elsie hates the wind in her face so we had to be quick about it all. I was able to look at Justine's scrapbooks, she is amazing at it and it gave me some ideas for mine. We all sat down and had spagetti, yum! My girls love spagetti. Ruby ate all the sauce and was pretty distracted so she didn't finish it all, Elsie was on my lap slurping the noodles that I gave her one by one. We chatted some more and then headed back to the hotel to meet Daddy. He arrived about an hour after us and got Ruby ready for bed. Once all the lights and tv were off, they both fell fast asleep and so did I. We were exhausted.




In the morning...we woke up and Mike took Ruby out to wake up students. Ruby got scared by the first student but still stood by Daddy as he woke the rest. We then said goodbye and headed over to Evie's house. When we got there, we all were standing outside the gate waiting for her to open it or notice us...we were really early. Ruby tried to go to the other gate, but when she noticed where I was she came back.



We went inside and Evie had baked scones for everyone, so yummy. Ruby ate two, she loved them. As I chit chatted with Evie and another friend Trista, the girls played so well together. I was amazed. At one point they were holding hands with eachother. They didn't really have any major squables. They are only 5 months apart and pretty much exactly the same size. They spent part of the time pushing Elsie around in a plastic bin. She seemed to be fine with it. Elsie has been into putting things around her neck and over her head lately, she had me nursing cover completely over her head and walking around, she thought she was pretty funny. It was fun to see them enjoying their time so much. I always have a blast there and get tons of laughing in too. So good to see my longtime friends Trista and Evie. Love you guys! We headed home and made it back at 3 pm, perfect trip back, my babies are such good travellers these days.





Tonight when I asked Ruby what she was thankful for, she said God and then Franka (Evie's daughter). They just had a great time, so good to see.




Elsie has been dancing up a storm these days, she does this little swivel with her hips, so cute. She also is trying to fit into all sorts of baskets and drawers, the smaller the better. I have been enjoying reading touch and feel books with her and Ruby together. Elsie loves to reach out and touch.




We've been walking with the wagon a lot lately, the weather has been so beautiful and Elsie and Ruby can ride together in it now. So much fun for us all, we love to look at the beautiful colors of the sky, trees, and flowers and ride around our cute little neighborhood.


1 comment:

  1. I love your photo-journaling. It was so great to see you guys! You're always so uplifting! Love you, Ev

    ReplyDelete