Thursday, April 8, 2010

Elsie's Birthday with My Dad


We did a small birthday with my Dad and his wife Sandi on this day. The girls loved having them over. Ruby immediately chatted my Dad's ear off and tried to play with Sandi like crazy. She was so funny, she used to be so shy around them and now has no trouble at all. In fact, she laughed and talked nearly the entire time they were here :)

I decided to make some yummy chicken wings, asparagus, and potatoes for an early dinner. They loved them and we ate every last morsel. We then ended the meal with some strawberry shortcake, everyone liked that too. The meal was a success. Ruby wanted to sit by Grandma Sandi, so my Dad sat by me and Ruby sat next to her. She loved it!

They brought Elsie some presents and one for Ruby too. There were three really neat books for Elsie and they even wrote a short inscription on them, love that, so much more personal. Ruby liked her ballerina activity book too.

It was a really great visit, wish they came more often to see the girls and chat with us. Hopefully in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment