Friday, February 18, 2011

First Day of Seattle Trip

We had a neat room at the Regency Hyatt in Bellevue, it had big windows and a living room separate from the bedroom! Elsie and Ruby loved running around under the curtains while we were in the room. Very comfortable!


The girls didn't get much sleep the first night, only about 8 hours as compared to 12 hours. Despite this, we headed over to visit my Grandma Hunt. We had a good visit, the girls were quite energetic, but we all enjoyed visiting. They loved her doggy Daphne and she made us a nice lunch to share, yum! About halfway through the visit, the girls found a cool game with lots of granite balls that you moved around the board. They spent a long time putting the pieces in and out of bags and a tray. Kept them entertained for quite some time. So glad we were able to see her!

After we left Grandma's, I decided we would go to Green Lake and walk around it. I have wanted to do this for some time. The girls did well, Elsie sat in her stroller and Ruby ran and walked most of it. It was absolutely beautiful, no rain and the sun was out. We saw tons of dogs walking with their owners, every type you can imagine. It was quite the popular spot. After we made it around the lake, the girls and I went over to the playground and they had a good time exploring all the neat equipment. So unique toys, like a sand digging contraption the girls both liked.
I loaded the girls up and we headed back to the hotel room. Mike then came over, and soon after his student teacher and his wife. We all walked over to the Cheese Cake Factory to eat. Yummy! The girls had been going non stop all day though and were so challenging, so I almost took my meal back to the room. Elsie finally settled down a bit and so did Ruby, so I quickly ate and headed back to the room.
It was a nice day, glad I only planned a few things each day, seemed to make it more managable when I was all by myself with the girls.


No comments:

Post a Comment