Friday, February 25, 2011

Cut on the Eye





Elsie and Ruby were taking a bath earlier today, Elsie got out early. I put Ruby into a towel and sat Elsie back in the tub to rinse her off. Ruby wanted her towel a certain way, and I was trying to help her out. Elsie got up and slipped in the tub and it caused a cut above her right eye. It was bleeding pretty bad, I was really worried. Once I cleaned it off and was calmer, we headed in to urgent care. Elsie was singing and being silly most of the way into the doctor so I knew she was okay other than the cut. Once they looked at the cut, they told us it would be pretty much impossible to stitch or put glue on because of her age. The nurse decided to try to put suchers on it. Elsie was not happy at all with this, and fought the whole time. Once they were on, Elsie ripped them all off. The doctor and nurse both agreed that it would heal fast and be okay without the stitches since it wasn't too deep. Hope it doesn't make too big of a scar there, they said that it probably would be very light if anything. She did great the rest of the day, we even went out and played in the snow. She spent most of the day singing "Where is Elsie? Where is Elsie? Here I am! Here I am!" This is her favorite. I caught her singing it so many times today, makes me smile to watch her enjoy it so much. She also loves to sing the ABC song and I even caught her trying to sing Old McDonald at one point.

Poor Ruby, the weather has been so dry since it snowed! She is coughing really bad every night. Hope this goes away soon, so she can get a good nights sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment