Monday, June 7, 2010

The girls sitting patiently as the Battle Days parade passed by in Rosalia, Washington, about 25 miles from Cheney.
An old classmate Bonnie introduces her daughter Kailee to Elsie, what a cutie.

On Saturday, I decided to go to Rosalia for their Battle Days Parade. We used to live in Malden, a closeby town as children. I went to school in Rosalia. The girls had a blast watching the parade, Elsie just sat their in her new special chair and Ruby enjoyed seeing the horses and catching candy. People around us were commenting on how they couldn't believe that Elsie was staying so calmly in her little chair. I think she was just so amazed by the event and excited to use her own little chair. It was pretty cute. At the end of the parade, a friend of mine from 4th -6th grade came up to us to chat. It was so neat to see her after so many years. We then picked our stuff up and walked down the street just to see the rest of the festivities. When we got a few blocks down, I heard someone calling my name on the other side of the street. It was my good friend Bambi's sister Bejay. I was so excited to see her and to learn that Bambi was there as well. I have wanted to reconnect with her for a long time. We emailed back and forth for awhile, but never got together in person. So good to see her after 20 years. She was my best friend at the time and we spent so much time together. Hoping we can make a trip over to see her in Hayden one of these days in the near future.


On Sunday, a moose walked right down our street. I saw it out of the corner of my eye when I was sitting on the couch. It walked right by a vehicle across the street and into our neighbors yard, then out into the field at the end of our cul-de-sac. So cool to see!



No comments:

Post a Comment