Thursday, March 18, 2010

This week...









Well, starting on Sunday we met up with my mom, Kylar, and Ciara after church for our regular walk at Fish Lake. They came a bit late so we started ahead of them. We walked 1 mile and then stopped for a bit, Elsie was awake by this time and wanted to get out and explore with Ruby. She kept picking up rocks and she put them in her mouth, such a sneaky little thing. Can't look away for one moment. Good thing I was on top of it and promptly pulled them away. Ruby threw some rocks and watched a few trains pass by and played on the sign. We then started heading back and saw my mom and the kiddos heading our way. They were at the half mile marker, so we walked back to the 1 mile marker again, making our grand total 3 miles for the day. Ruby was so excited to walk their little dog Jo Jo, she couldn't handle it. She did not want to give him up. She also tried taking pictures of us all, she obviously gets this from me. She kept saying "Say Cheese!" over and over. When we got back to the trailhead, my mom had made some yummy egg salad sandwiches and we all ate them up. She brought bubbles for Ruby and the kids and they enjoyed blowing them together. So much fun.



Monday morning came quickly, and I went to my workout group just to find out that no one was there. So...we went to our friend Angie's house and asked if they wanted to walk with us. We walked around the 1 mile loop in the opposite direction and then went to McDonald's with them. This is the first time we have been to McDonald's since forever, way before Ruby was born. Ruby and I had a parfait, it was pretty good. Later that night, I took the girls to Tanya's to attempt to get some more scrapbooking done. That was such a challenge. Ruby was great and so was Elsie, just really hard because Elsie is so on the go and I had to block everything and spent most of my time chasing her around. I had to take all of Tanya's chair to block their beautiful stairs. What an ordeal. I did manage to finish one layout, totally exhausting. Not sure if I will be able to do that again for a while. I have finished quite a bit of scrapbooking though and I fixed my printer so I am going through photos for each month and picking the best ones. It is nice to be doing this after all this time, so many photos to get going on.








Tuesday was a preschool/learning PD at Tanya's. Ruby had a great time with her friends Kai and Jacquelyn. We worked on the letter D and the number 2. I made lunch for everyone and they all seemed to like it. Elsie had fun with her friend Nai'a, who is a few months older. It was cute to see them interacting. We went home and Amy, Kai and Nai'a's mom called, she wanted us to meet up with them at the Medical Lake Park. I can't turn down any park time, so we headed over and played awhile. Ruby kicked the ball back and forth with Kai, both girls sat in the swings, and they all ran around the play equipment together. It was a nice way to end the day. I also watched "Mama Mia!" with Ruby before the park time, such a fun movie. Later that day, I decided to make Spagetti or "Pasketti" according to Ruby. The girls got SO messy, they love it so much. Elsie actually grabs fistfuls and shoves them in her mouth as fast as she can, quite scary to Mike and I. She slurps the noodle up and then grabs for more. So worried she will choke, but she manages to do well. I took them directly from the table to the bath and put them together this time. They had a blast together, I put something under Elsie so she wouldn't slip. Too cute!




On St. Patty's Day, we met for lunch with some of my friends and their kiddos at Chaps. Yummy! The kids played with the antique kitchen together. Ruby ate some of the quesadilla I ordered and we split a wonderful carrot cake muffin. After we finished, we all went up to a neat park at Eagle Ridge. Such a unique park and fun to be there with our friends. Elsie LOVES to swing, she is all smiles everytime I put her on it, so cute. Ruby is getting so independent too and enjoys swinging. I forgot, Tanya and I swapped kids on the ride up to the park and they both did fabulous and enjoyed riding with us, it was good for Ruby since she usually gets upset when I am away from her at all.


Today, we went to another learning playdate at Amy's, Ruby enjoys this so much and it is so good for us. She had fun making dinosaur tracks in the playdoe with plastic dinosaurs and they read "Puff the Magic Dragon" which we read all the time so she was excited to sing along. They made the most awesome salad with apples, cheese, cherry tomatoes and balsamic vinegrette. Ruby tried one of everything in it. They also made homemade mac and cheese. Elsie loved it all, Ruby didn't like the salad too much but at least tried it. Later, we said goodbye to Daddy who was leaving to judge in Yakima. We watched Robots for a bit and then headed out to Airway Heights to the park. I made a picnic, but it was way too cold and the people at the park were really sketchy. Ruby went down the slide a few times and then we headed over to Walmart. We looked for Elsie's birthday supplies and Easter stuff for baskets. It was really fun, this is a first time of making one for Ruby. So exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment