Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Busy Week










































































































It has been so busy this week, so many fun things to do!




























Already we have been to Upper Manito Park and walked around the entire park on Monday. The girls LOVED going on the swings there, all smiles the whole time. They especially loved being right next to each other so they could laugh together as I pushed them. We also went to the consignment shop up on South Hill and Joann Fabrics right next door. That was quite the experience I have to say. Both girls were so tired and were total wiggle worms, so I had to make my trip there short. I did find some fun things for scrapbooking, which I enjoyed with some friends later that night. I actually finished my first full page, so proud of myself! Oh, I decided to go back to working out with a group of my mom friends, and it was really nice. I did that in the morning, I was pooped by the end of this day!




























On Tuesday, we went to town to meet up with my Sister in Law Lynn and her boys. We had an excellent time together downtown. We started at Mobius, ate lunch at PF Changs, and then went to the park to explore. It was their first time down at the park, and we all had a blast together. We went on the carousel, all of us. Elsie even liked it! Then we walked over to the Goat that eats Garbage, the kids had a blast feeding the him all sorts of stuff. Next we went over to the Radio Flyer slide and the kiddos went down it over and over. Ruby was shy at first, but once she finally went down the slide she loved it! Then we walked some more and ended up at the little playground there, the kids burned off some more energy before we started back to the mall area. We were SO thirsty, so we went to the Ben and Jerry's place and got some yummy smoothies for all of us. What a great way to end the whole experience. I am so thankful to have Lynn as a sister in law, can't wait for them to come again. After all this was over, I brought Elsie to get her 10 month pictures. I used the same butterfly wings I used for Ruby's 10 month pictures, and so many turned out cute. Can't wait to share them with everyone.




























Today, we went to work out with the mom group again. Elsie was loving the little slide they had and tried to climb up and go down on her own. I helped her, made me a bit nervous. They both did great overall. I am so sore though, but that is a good thing. I filled out the paperwork for Ruby to start preschool in the Fall, so excited for her to do this. We visited with our friend Monica a bit and then headed home.




























Elsie spent most the time at home today climbing up on the little rocker and sitting/standing in it, then getting herself down. I thought it was so neat that she was able to carefully get out of it without help. She has been saying "Ya! Ya!" in a whisper voice these days and waving like crazy at everyone. She will wave with both hands to get you to pick her up. The wave is really cute too, done in a limp way. Funny. She is able to walk beside you with only holding one finger, I think she is close to walking. Those teeth are still not in, and she is 11 months tomorrow. She is teething like crazy though with all sorts of bumps in her mouth.




























Ruby is trying to do everything by herself these days. For the past week, she has insisted on putting her seatbelt on herself, buttoning and zipping her pants, etc... Basically anything that I usually do for her, she will try to do it herself first and keep trying. She fit herself into a 12 month pair of pants and shirt today, I couldn't believe it. Such a goof ball. I have noticed her cleaning up more around the house lately too. She is just getting so good at conversation too, she comes up with some pretty interesting things these days. Love watching her grow!

No comments:

Post a Comment