Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Elsie is Walking!!!!



Ruby has been so into taking pictures lately, she was really excited to take this picture of the three of us. I thought it was cute, because they were both wearing silly hats and just laughing with eachother.



Ruby and Elsie are playing so nicely with one another these days, sometimes I go to check on them and this is what I find...Ruby dressing Elsie all up and Elsie letting her. Elsie actually lifted her foot so Ruby could put the sock on her.



Neal, Janessa, and Samuel came to visit...we always have fun with them. We went to eat at the Milk Bottle in the Garland District with them and then to a nearby park. Ruby loved the little motorcycle toy, she sat there in the little side car until someone would sit in the motorcycle beside her. She didn't care who it was, just wanted a buddy to enjoy the ride with her. Sam decided to join her a few times, they had fun together on it.



Janessa and Neal spent much of the time with us, walking around with Elsie. That is her main goal right now, to stand up and walk around. They loved it though!



Elsie figured out how to get into this baby doll bassinet and kept going there over and over to get in. She just lounged there at points, and other times she threw all the toys in it to the ground. Ruby decided to join her, it was a tight squeeze though and Elsie only put up with it for so long.



Elsie in the bassinet all by her lonesome and having a ball :)



And last but not least....Elsie started walking today. She has been practicing like crazy the past few weeks and I knew it was only a matter of time. She started by just letting go of things, then walking a few steps from one object to another, then taking the chance and stepping out toward someone or something. She actually took at least 10 steps at one point, she is pretty stable and I think tomorrow she will be doing it all day and be a pro at it. It is fun to see her thinking about walking and letting go so much. She is so proud of it all!

We went to Mike's concert tonight at the college. We didn't stay long because it was already bedtime and it was soooo hard to keep Elsie in my lap, all she wanted to do was walk around. We stopped at Zips for a sandwich and then headed back home. I had to put Elsie down first. Ruby went to the bathroom and said "Thank you for taking me to the concert" and then headed to her bedroom. It was so quiet, so I went to check on her and she was laying between all her dolls sound asleep. I can't believe she put herself to bed, she is getting so independent lately. It amazes me. She is determined to do everything herself, like her seatbelt, dressing herself, buttoning/zipping her pants, opening doors on cars/buildings. Sometimes it is hard to be patient and let her take her time, but she is loving this new found freedom and I am trying to embrace it.

I talked to my Grandma Hunt today...it was really nice to chat with her for a longer period of time. I hope to visit her soon, we have missed out on many, many years. Thanks for reading my blog and all the sweet comments about the girls Grandma!

Lastly, Happy birthday Mom! Hope you really liked the necklace I got for you, it stood out to me and seemed like the perfect gift for you. Wish we could have visited with you today, but we are very glad that you are feeling better :) Love and hugs!



1 comment:

  1. WOW!! I can't believe Elsie is walking!! What a big girl :) Cutie pie :)

    ReplyDelete