Sunday, February 7, 2010

What happened to my daily updates, more like weekly now!











Well, another week has passed by and I didn't get on here once. Shame on me. My goal was to write the major happenings for each day, but that just didn't happen. Maybe next week I will be more successful.

On Tuesday, I went to a dentist appointment. I was so surprised at how relaxed I was as she worked in my mouth. I have been really tired lately and it was just nice to zone out a bit I guess. They found two issues in my molars that had already been worked on that they need to repair and one new cavity, not too bad. Mike had Ruby call his Dad and wish him a happy birthday while I was away. She loves birthdays, so told me all about it when I got home. We also did some fingerpainting with red, pink, and white for Valentine's Day, Ruby enjoyed it and covered the entire paper.

On Wednesday, we went to Tanya's for a playdate with Jacqueline. We all went out for a walk through their property which is 20 acres. It was a bit cold, but so wonderful to be out and enjoying the fresh air. Ruby had her boots on, so she was able to jump in icy puddles and pick up all sorts of pinecones and rocks along the way. Ruby and Jacqueline were so cute together, they followed eachother around and looked at deer tracks together, inspecting them closely. Elsie did well too, just looking around as we walked together. Ruby was covered in mud when we got back, thank goodness Tanya gave her some other clothes.

On Thursday, we walked along Fish Lake Trail with my workout buddy Angie and a few other friends. The day was gorgeous and perfect for being out walking. The kiddos spent most of the walk stopping and picking up rocks and throwing them into the stream. Ruby loved it, she had dirt under her nails and was so dirty but had a blast. Elsie slept the entire walk, 4 miles long. On the way back, Ruby had to go to the bathroom so I ran about a half mile to get her there. It felt good to get moving so fast. I am planning on running soon with some friends to get into a routine and embrace the challenge. I will never be a long distance runner, but would love to try and run a few miles each day. Also, I have decided to walk in Bloomsday this year, it has been over 10 years since I last walked/ran in it. Can't wait!

I was so excited on Thursday night, Elsie ate applesauce from a spoon we were using to feed her. She was gobbling it all up. I let Ruby feed her too, and Elsie quickly forgot about me because she was loving having sister feed her. This is the first time I have been able to feed her from a spoon without Elsie spitting it back out and gagging.

This week flew by! On Friday, we went to my bible study and then headed into town to meet up with my mom for lunch. We decided to try a place called "China Cafe" up on South Hill. Mike doesn't ever want to eat Chinese food, so I figured this would be a good time. My mom really likes it too, so it worked out well. Ruby tried a small bite of spring roll and ate one piece of orange chicken along with a whole plate of rice. She loved the fortune cookie too, but wasn't thrilled about the other stuff. She loves eatting rice at home when I make fried rice, but isn't too fond of eatting anything different when we are out. We enjoyed my mom's company, Ruby wanted to sit next to her and was thrilled to spend so much time with her. I took a cute picture as we were leaving of them, it turned out really neat!

Later that day, we went out to eat again (not our usual routine, but Mike decided he wanted to get out to do something) at a wonderful restaurant in Airway Heights. Ruby ordered her own mac and cheese and Mike and I both enjoyed our meals, they were really tasty. I had a wedge salad and soup, sooooo good. Mike had never seen a wedge salad before, he thought it was interesting. I fed Elsie some baby food at the restaurant and she ate about 3/4 of the jar. It was fruity so she loved that, the peas and rice one she didn't enjoy as much. We went to Walmart afterwards to look around and get some items we needed. Ruby picked out gifts for her friends birthdays.

On Saturday, we went for a brief VDay party with my mom's group. Ruby made a cute craft and we ate with some friends and then headed back to Cheney for another party. It was for Ruby's friend Luke's 3rd birthday party at Gattos. We all had a great time and enjoyed visiting with our friends that attended the party. Lots of yummy pizza and cake as well. I took another stab at making french toast (we failed last week using my SIL's recipe), and it actually turned out soooo good. Ruby gobbled it down and Elsie enjoyed her little bites. I gave her some sweet potatoes and she ate the entire jar. She is getting to be quite the eatter now.

On Sunday, we got up super early to go to church. We were a bit late, but found a nice spot at the back on some steps. It was a nice sermon and I really am liking the pastor. It was all about marriage, so very interesting to Mike and I. Elsie kept dropping things I gave her to put in her mouth, usually it is quiet on the carpetting, but because we were on the steps it was really loud. Mike held her at the end, she is really quiet when you walk around. Ruby drew most of the sermon, she decided that she wants to be with us instead of with her peers in their little class. It worked out okay...but I would really like to see her feel comfortable being left there so we are going to keep trying. Later, we came back into Cheney for a bowling birthday party for another friend of Ruby's. I did horrible at bowling, but it was still fun. Mike did better, but not as well as he usually does. Ruby bowled half way through and then decided she was done. She enjoyed the cake and playing with the other kiddos and the pizza afterward though. We had a great time spending time with our friends and chatting a bit. What a fun time, thankful they invited us. Elsie let both my mom friends hold her and didn't fuss a bit until right before we left. She had a good time getting shuffled around and getting held by everyone. I made spagetti for dinner and Ruby ate it all up, she loves that stuff. I decided to try rice cereal again with Elsie and she ate it with no problem this time. I added sweet potatoes again and she ate all of it. So proud of my little bundle.

Elsie is such a little ham, she snuggles into my neck when people look or talk to her and just gives them grins like crazy. She crawls up my side too, so much energy in that little body. She turned 10 months this week, time is rapidly moving by.

No comments:

Post a Comment