Thursday, February 11, 2010

Wednesday was a pretty busy day for us...we went to Spokane to get our Durango tuned up. It was supposed to be $600 and ended up being $2000. There were a bunch of other things that needed done involving the brakes and tires and such. Thank goodness our tax return was bigger than we expected.

Our good friend Tanya and her daughter Jacquelyn came to the dealership and picked us up. Ruby was SO upset when we were leaving the dealership, she was crying and clinging to me as I moved to the front seat. I think she thought we were leaving our Durango there for good. It was quite the scene. It took her awhile to pull out of being upset. They brought us to a fun playdate in the Valley. Lots of moms and babies. Good to see them all again, it had been a long time for some of us.

I was in such a hurry to get to the dealership in the morning, I didn't bring any snacks or even eat breakfast. Poor Ruby was so hungry at the playdate, I have never done that before. I searched my bag to find something and all I had was a sucker :( I gave it to her and she loved it of course. It helped to tide her over until lunch. She only sucked on it a few times when someone said there were animal crackers she could eat. Thank goodness for those!

We ate at Honey Baked Ham, the sandwiches were really good. Ruby and Jacquelyn were so full of energy and had a hard time sitting still. Thank goodness it was totally dead when we went in to eat.

Tanya was so nice and drove us all the way home.. I owe her big time! She is so wonderful!

We decided to stick around here most of the day today :) It was nice to settle in a bit and relax. My mom came over and spent some time with the girls, they loved it. Ruby played all sorts of games with her and watched a new movie Mike bought her. Elsie kept giving her grins and being a bit shy.

Later in the day, we picked up Mike and drove to the Dodge dealer to pick up our spendy Durango. Mike took Ruby back to Cheney High School with him to go to the pep game together. She had a good time. I took Elsie with me to pick up her pictures at JCPenney's and to the new organic store downtown. It was really nice to shop there and know that I have another option for organics. Elsie was kissing me like crazy and playing with my face, she is such a little sweetie. So fun to interact with her. I was just having fun with her when the lady up front told me they were about to close, I had no idea that I had spent so much time meandering around the place.

When we got home, Ruby had a present from Grandma on the doorstep. She openned it all up and enjoyed the VDay presents she left. After everything was out of the bag, Ruby was filling it with other items from her kitchen. Elsie saw Ruby throwing things in it and began to do the same thing. She started throwing things in while Ruby held the bag close to her. She has also been taking things out of the laundry basket lately too, she will grab all sorts of clothing and just throw it to the floor. Quite the girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment