Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Pooped

I took the girls out to Fish Lake today, and we met up with our good friends Tanya and Jacquelyn. Ruby and Jacquelyn rode their bikes in front of us as we walked. Mike threw a tiny bike for Elsie in the back of the Durango, so for the first half mile I pushed her along on it. She was able to pedal a bit on her own, so exciting! That proved to be pretty difficult though, so Tanya and I took turns carrying Elsie on our shoulders as we walked. It was beautiful out and I always love it there. We walked about 1.5 miles down the trail (stopping at one mile so the girls could throw rocks together). Ruby and Jacquelyn rode along and then out ride back to us, so I am guessing they actually rode their bikes closer to 4 miles total. Both girls have been going to bed late every night this summer, and I think it finally caught up to them. They were both very irritable here and there throughout the walk. After the walk, we went to the little play area nearby at Fish Lake. The kiddos played for a long time as Tanya and I chatted. The weather was perfect today.

We returned home around 4 pm, and played a few games with the girls before dinner. I quickly realized that we were going to have to get them down very early tonight because they were sooooo tired. About 30 minutes before we headed to brush teeth, Elsie calls out that she has to go to the bathroom and then heads there all by herself. When I get in there, she has climbed up on the big seat and is sitting there going all on her own. She then does the whole process by herself, gets off the toilet, stretches her foot up to the handle to push it down (she wants to do it like I do), and closes the toilet seat all by herself! So proud of her!

I have also notice in the past few days that Elsie's lower eye teeth has started pushing through the gums and that she may have a molar or two coming in.

They are out like a light right now, hope they sleep soundly so they can feel rested in the morning. I am thinking of bringing Ruby to Riverfront Park to use our day passes tomorrow, can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment