Monday, July 11, 2011

Night routine

Elsie loves to read, "The Wheels on the Bus" and "Row, Row, Row your goat" with me before she goes to bed. I have noticed that she loves to sing and anything that involves singing makes her happy. Even reading a book that is based on a song. Mike told me today that he thinks she is going to be the most musical of our two girls. When she sings, she understands pitches. She actually sings the song exactly like it sounds. So neat! Super sweet to listen to!

At night, she asks me to rock her now (since she isn't nursing anymore). She then will ask me to sing "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star". Once I start singing it, she happily joins in and we sing it together. She will sing all the songs with me. As you can guess, she has a hard time going to sleep with all the singing.

We start out rocking but I will move her over to her bed after a few minutes and lay next to her. She loves having her head rubbed. Now she will rub my head as she goes to sleep and sing songs to me. So funny!

Ruby started vacation bible school today and will continue through this week. She was hesitant to go this morning, but once she saw all of her friends she happily ran off with them and joined right in. She is excited to go tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment