Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Riding bikes...




We went to the park today to visit with some friends. She told us that they were bringing the bike for her daughter who is 2 months younger than Ruby. I decided to do the same so they could ride together. What a great idea. Ruby got right on and didn't stop. They rode together for awhile, it was so nice to see. She is amazing. So much more confident all on her own. I had a scare at the park today. Elsie was climbing down some stairs that were pretty steep and lost her footing. She toppled down the stairs and hit her head. I was so scared and freaked out, but she cried and then told me she was okay. It only, miraculously, left a small bump on her scalp under her bangs. Thank goodness! Afterward, we packed up and headed down to Chaps to visit with the same group of friends. A nice visit with some awesome soup. Later in the day, the girls and I decided to go for a walk around the neighborhood. Ruby was dying to get on her bike and ride along side me. I decided to give it a try! She did wonderfully the whole time and had a great time. Elsie was content sitting in the wagon with me pulling her along. We got back just before it turned dark. So thankful the weather is getting better, sure made our day nice. Just remembered, Elsie has been singing and singing and singing some more. Some times I catch her singing all on her own, super cute. Now when I am singing, she will pipe up and sing with me. So fun!

2 comments:

  1. I'm sure glad to hear that Elsie is okay, and that you guys had such a nice day. Taking the kids out for bike rides always stresses me out something awful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know...that was so scary with the fall! I am so thankful she is okay...Ruby seems to be pretty cautious otherwise I would be a nervous wreck too!

    ReplyDelete