Thursday, August 26, 2010

Threat of Fire

Well, there was a wildfire that started just over the hill from our house today. I was feeling okay about it until I saw my neighbors loading stuff into their van from the house and also the other neighbors doing the same thing. Smoke started to get heavier and so we had to close the windows. At this point, I decided that I would pack up all the pictures since that is really the only thing that I would want. I had about five boxes loaded in case we had to evacuate the area. As we ate dinner, it started to look more promising. The sky started to clear up and we were able to let the fresh air flow through the house again. Thank goodness for all the firefighters and their hard work, pretty scary. It was quite a bit of work to get all the pictures put away. Ruby had her little squirt bottle ready with water in case the fire came our direction, so funny!

On a more positive note, we picked up the CSA goodies today and there were all sorts of yummy vegetables and some fresh strawberries! The girls were in heaven, they gobbled them up. Elsie is quite the little berry lover. So excited to dig into all the great stuff they supplied us with this week, we even have some new types of squash to try and a few tomatoes. Loving it!

1 comment:

  1. So scary Eve,I'm so happy to hear that it didn't get to close afterall. But at least you were prepared :)

    ReplyDelete