Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Hot Day...






















I forgot my bag at a friend's house who lives on the opposite extremes of Cheney during a trip yesterday to see her new house. This morning I decided we would make the trek to their place again to get it. As we were leaving, I saw the signs to Green Bluff and decided "What the heck, we'll go!" I wanted to get the girls out berry picking and there is an organic farm up there that has just that. We headed there and they had blackberries for us to pick. Ruby got right to work picking as Elsie ran up and down each row. Once she noticed we were picking, she stopped a few times to grab at some berries. Ruby did a good job, she actually picked some that weren't fully ripe, but once I explained and showed her what to look for she did great. It was so hot, but we were able to pick about a pound of berries together. They were really yummy. Ruby's were smashed a bit from all the jumbling around, but it was really about the experience of it all and they loved it. Ruby wasn't too into eatting the berries, but Elsie gobbled them up and had juice stains all over her face from them. We brought them home and I mashed them up and cooked them into sauce to pour over vanilla icecream, everyone loved it!

1 comment:

  1. YUM!! We are going to pick blackberries this weekend ourselves :)

    ReplyDelete