Sunday, July 11, 2010

Vacation is coming...

I am getting really excited, we are heading to Seattle on the 15th-18th to spend time with my cousin Rachel and her husband Jimmy and do some new things while we are there. We will also be visiting with my grandparents on my mom's side, it will be so nice to see them and for the girls to meet them.

I still have to get through three days of work on Tuesday-Thursday first, hoping it flies by :) I like it once I am there, but really hate being away from the girls and spending so much time with Mike. They are doing great though and enjoying every moment with Daddy.

I just got over a long cold...it lasted a whole week and I ended up with an ear infection on top of that. Thank goodness it is over, although I just recently started feeling like I have another ear infection, hoping it goes away.

I started running in our neighborhood two days ago and I love it! I am going to drive my path tomorrow and find out the distance I have been running. I have been dying to get out and get some activity going...I am feeling really motivated right now. Hoping to keep it up, I have been running after I put Elsie down for bed and the timing is perfect and it is absolutely perfect weather as well. Hoping to build up to longer distances, we will see!

Elsie is a little ham these days. She has two more teeth coming in on top and tons pushing. She is doing great on her new mattress, but still ends up in our bed about halfway through the night. I don't mind, just thankful to have a few hours where she is in her own space. The last two nights she has slept for a longer time frame without waking. Crossing my fingers that it will get easier as the months pass.

Tonight Elsie was walking around with a basket hanging on each arm, and Ruby said that she looked like Fancy Nancy, I thought that was so cute. She is just trying so hard to communicate with us regularly now. Today I noticed that she is not saying, "Uhhh" for up anymore, she is actually saying the whole word. She is also saying, "There you go" when giving us things.

Ruby is getting so tall and witty. She cracks me up all the time. She just loves her moments with sister, anytime Elsie wants to sit with her or play she takes full advantage of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment