Tuesday, May 11, 2010

It's been a long time....


My girls have been doing so many new things lately, it is hard to keep up with them.

At church on Sunday, I was getting Elsie some little animal crackers from a plastic container up on a shelf. When Elsie ran out of the crackers, she would go to the shelf and point up at them and reach out to ask for more. She did this over and over. She is all about pointing right now too, especially at pictures on the wall and such.

Her second tooth is on it's way in, I have definitely noticed a change in her lately and I think it is because of the discomfort. She is just way more clingy and whiny. Poor little thing.

She is LOVING playing with her sister, they laugh so much together and are really communicating every chance they get. In the car today, Ruby was handing her goldfish crackers and she was reaching out and grabbing them, then putting them in her mouth to eat. She would then start laughing and Ruby would laugh back. Once they were gone, she would get all fussy and Ruby would hand her another one to calm her down, then more laughing together.

I know I have mentioned this before, but she loves to dance!!! At her Dad's Jazz Desert Dance she was up there by the band spinning around over and over and moving her body like a little hula dancer. She was so tiny next to her sister and their friend Jacquelyn, loved watching them having so much fun together on the dance floor.

She understands how to hug and kiss you, I love this so much. If you say hug, she will grab around your neck and squeeze tighter. If you say kiss, she leans in and puts her lips up to yours or opens her mouth. Such a little lovey girl and such a sweet baby!

If Ruby notices that Elsie is laughing about something she is doing, she will do it over and over to get her to laugh more and more. So cute.

I have really noticed Ruby's communication going to another level lately. She asks higher level questions and comes up with the most amazing comments.

She has been getting scared at night lately, always asking about monsters. I keep reassuring her they are not there and that Daddy and Henry will protect her.

Ruby is so cute at her playdates lately, they do this little song at the start that has all sorts of dancing moves. She loves it and has every part of it down, she loves to swing her hips the most, so funny.

I could go on and on....I am so blessed by these two!

I started at Sylvan Learning Center on Saturday and Thursday I will go through training. I will be working three days during the summer, hoping it works well with Mike's schedule, we could really use the income right now.

The girls are getting their one year and three and a half year photos done by a friend in my mom group on Sunday, so excited to try something different. Hoping they turn out nicely. Glad to be at the point where I only get professional ones done every 6 months or so!

No comments:

Post a Comment