Friday, May 20, 2011

Fun Comments









I have been really sick for a whole week now, constant coughing everyday and night. It has slowed down, thank goodness. My body is sore all over and I am very tired, hoping it is gone by next week.

I was so tired of sitting in this house today, I decided to take the girls into Spokane and buy a new screen for our bedroom so we can have the fresh air coming in again. Mike broke it a few weeks back when we didn't have the key. First of all, we went to the USPS store though to get a few stamps. Ruby was so excited that I let her go in all by herself and pay for the stamps and then mail out the letters too. Such a big girl! She came out and said, "The lady called me a young lady!" Then we went to Lowe's and the girls were little angels. Everyone was making comments about them, they are surprising me these days. It used to be a nightmare to bring them out a few weeks back. After we picked up the parts for our new screen, I decided to try a restaurant coupon for lunch that I have picked up a few weeks back. As we were sitting at the window of the drive thru and I was turned to get the cash to pay, Elsie was laughing. Next thing I hear is Ruby say, "He is a handsome prince!" She thought the cashier was cute I guess, I think he was making them laugh too. Then she says, "I think he wants to marry me!" I thought it was so cute. Elsie just kept laughing and saying, "Mom, he made me laugh!" Of course the girls turned on the charm and another person who worked there asked if he could give them each a sucker and the girls were so happy of course. Cracks me up.

After we left there, we went to Audobon Park and sat down to eat the food we ordered. Ruby loved the chicken and rice, but Elsie was not a big fan at all. She did try a few things. Overall the food was not something I would go back for. They ate quickly and then ran through the park over to the all the toys. Love this park, it is so beautiful! They enjoyed just running around more than anything and finding pine needles and pine cones or "cone cones" according to Elsie. Ruby found a red piece of a flower and she was thrilled. She is quite the collector. By this time, I was so ready to get home, so we jumped in the car and headed back to Cheney.

No comments:

Post a Comment